Thread: Ugly new CoolWWWSearch variant

Ugly new CoolWWWSearch variant

From safer-networking.org

Ugly new CoolWWWSearch variant [link] 21. January 2004
    CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller (v1 and v2) is a new, real ugly variant of CoolWWWSearch. When running, it will close every browser window you use to visit a large list of anti-spyware-sites, and even will close Spybot-S&D and some other anti-spyware applications as well.

So if your copy of Spybot-S&D (or the anti-spyware application of your choice) closes a few seconds after starting, or your browser closes whenever you try to visit an anti-spyware site, check our CWS.SmartKiller removal utility on this page.
    Never take any crap off an inanimate object!!

Never send email to this address: spam@euclidian.com. This is a spam trap and everyone sending any email to this address will be blacklisted.

pflowing
    Thanks!!! I've been trying to get that pesky thing off my machine all day. SpywareBlaster doesn't block this?

Interesting. Thanks much!

Sorry for the noob ? But Ive been having this issue, my homepage keeps getting hijacked by this CoolWWWSearch! Will the program fix this? My doesn't shut down spybot, adaware, spyware blaster. It just constantly hijacks my homepage. I'm assuming it will fix, just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

-Mike
    "For the last time"....."I don't want any COOKIES"

Re: Ugly new CoolWWWSearch variant

Originally posted by chpalmer
    From safer-networking.org

Ugly new CoolWWWSearch variant [link] 21. January 2004
    CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller (v1 and v2) is a new, real ugly variant of CoolWWWSearch. When running, it will close every browser window you use to visit a large list of anti-spyware-sites, and even will close Spybot-S&D and some other anti-spyware applications as well.

So if your copy of Spybot-S&D (or the anti-spyware application of your choice) closes a few seconds after starting, or your browser closes whenever you try to visit an anti-spyware site, check our CWS.SmartKiller removal utility on this page.
    Everytime I open Spybot it closes after I click on those info disclosure pages that refer to removing some spyware may disable blah blah blah.....I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times to no avail. Which of these registry settings should I attempt? I tried the CWS remover and I do not have any version of CWS. Thanks in advance!
    Peace,
    Stevie B.

Hi ...I agree with srbarnes4ever
    Go here and d/l CoolWebshredder (you can also read the instructions). After downloading, do an update (the most recent version is 1.47.2) and run it (close ALL other open windows and remove your restore point)
    It will remove ALL variants of the COOLWWWShredder.
    Cheers
    Good Luck
    A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.