Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: ThermalkTake Damier V5000 CASE

  1. #1
    Regular Member Richard(UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Birmingham (UK)
    Posts
    128

    ThermalkTake Damier V5000 CASE

    anyone got the ThermalTake Damler V5000 CASE ?

    im thinking about buying one and would like hear from anyone who has one, what you think? is it worth the money?

    http://www.coolerguys.com/ProductDet...ProductID=1120
    DELL Dimension 8300 / P4 3.4Ghz @4.0 Ghz / CoolRiver Deluxe Cpu/Vga/Mb Liquid Cooling,/Win Xp Pro / 3072Gb DDR Ram Corsair XMS3200 Pro PC-3200 / Ati Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics / 20" Ultra Sharp TFT Monitor / Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Soundcard / 200Gb Seagate HD + 250Gb Maxtor Ultra Hd x2 (storage).NEC Dvd-Rw/Cd-Rw...Blueyonder 3Mbit,internet connection/ Webstar DPX100 Modem / Altec Lansing subwoofer.

  2. #2
    Regular Member illestdynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard(UK)
    anyone got the ThermalTake Damler V5000 CASE ?

    im thinking about buying one and would like hear from anyone who has one, what you think? is it worth the money?

    http://www.coolerguys.com/ProductDet...ProductID=1120
    thats the case i'm getting in silver

    MSI 990FXA-GD80v2
    AMD FX-8350 @ 4.62ghz
    16GB DDR3 @ 1866 8-9-9-24 1.5v
    2 x 150gb WD Raptors in Raid 0
    750GB WD Black
    500GB WD Black
    1TB WD Ultra USB3 ext
    Sapphire 7970
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64

  3. #3
    SG Enthusiast lonewolfz28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Kunsan AB, ROK
    Posts
    1,698
    IMHO- that's one UGLY case!

    From a cooling and noise standpoint- there're better case designs that use 120mm fans. The 120mm's have a lower fan noise frequency than those multiple 92 and 80mm fans that one comes equiped with. Thus, they cool as well or better with less and more tolerable noise.
    Back on the attack!

  4. #4
    Regular Member illestdynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfz28
    IMHO- that's one UGLY case!

    From a cooling and noise standpoint- there're better case designs that use 120mm fans. The 120mm's have a lower fan noise frequency than those multiple 92 and 80mm fans that one comes equiped with. Thus, they cool as well or better with less and more tolerable noise.
    I havent seen an Antec or Lian Li case that even comes close to lookin that good....

    MSI 990FXA-GD80v2
    AMD FX-8350 @ 4.62ghz
    16GB DDR3 @ 1866 8-9-9-24 1.5v
    2 x 150gb WD Raptors in Raid 0
    750GB WD Black
    500GB WD Black
    1TB WD Ultra USB3 ext
    Sapphire 7970
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64

  5. #5
    SG Enthusiast lonewolfz28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Kunsan AB, ROK
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by illestdynasty
    I havent seen an Antec or Lian Li case that even comes close to lookin that good....
    Different strokes for different folks. Some like clean, some like gawdy.

    I was thinking along the lines of:
    A Coolermaster.
    Antec 3700AMB
    or Globalwin YYC-61F1

    I guess there's always those that go for flash over substance.
    Back on the attack!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •