Thread: ping problem

DarkVenom

Exclamation ping problem

some one from steam sent me over here bc my ping is sometimes high like its 120 or 113 and ppl say that i lag up the server in cs counter strike so can some help with my ping and i have dsl and it works fine.

First off welcome to SG man.

Now to business, post your computer specs(processor and its speed, graphics card, memory, operating system, etc.) Do you notice that you are lagging or is your ping just at 110 range. I have DSL and ping at around 80-130 and I have no lag unless it is a bad server. Post up your info and mabey we can help.
    Member - Redneck Yacht Club

Re: ping problem

Originally posted by DarkVenom
    some one from steam sent me over here bc my ping is sometimes high like its 120 or 113 and ppl say that i lag up the server in cs counter strike so can some help with my ping and i have dsl and it works fine.
    this may sound silly, but are you playing on only one server? try playing on a closer server to you and post your pings please

edit: do you haver rate set to 9999

DarkVenom
    fireball ty for welcoming me in the fourms

on my computer i use windows 2000 {nt)
    AMD Athlon[tm] XP+1900
    aT/AT Compatilbe
    523,760 kb Ram

POrk chop: i do go on other servers like nwo and bt which nwo gives me 80 or 90 and bt gives me 110 119 something like that

Do a tracert to the server your playing. Then you can see which hop is causing the problem... Then we can see if it's a local thing or down the road a bit.

DarkVenom
    what do u mean a tracet and its not down the road from here its in texas the server

go to your command prompt and type

tracert <insert server ip here, without the brackets.>

it will give you a detailed look at all the jumps your connection makes before it gets to the server you connect to
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Originally posted by schlurpee

it will give you a detailed look at all the jumps your connection makes before it gets to the server you connect to
    ^^^ On what I mean by down the road. A figure of speech.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    We recommend you follow the steps on mnosteele's tips carefully.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

DarkVenom
    i dont have time to read that bc its too long and some of it doent help me plus where do i find my command at

i dont have time to read that bc its too long and some of it doent help me plus where do i find my command at
    How would you know if some of that info would help you or not if you didn't even bother to read it? You seem to know that your problem isn't DSL related but then you don't know where to find the command prompt?

Try listening to those who attempt to assist you rather than just being lazy.. We can't help you if your giving us garbled bits of info.. Thats why we ask the questions we ask..

btw, command prompt is START>RUN then type cmd

If you follow the tips you were referred too and maybe post in the broadband cable/dsl forums you may just get your issue resolved a lot faster.

Good luck with your ping.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

DarkVenom
    i did everything it said on the fourm and it moves my connection for webpages a liitle bit quicker which is good but i read it and i dont see anything for game ping i looked at it 8 times and still couldnt find it.

Post in the "tweaking" forum.... there really isnt much you can do to affect your ping besides changing ISP's but mnosteele and mcoffee in the tweaking forum can help get you the most out of what you have.

Also, dont just disregard something, saying its too long to read. If you want help, your gonna have to do a little work. Laziness doesnt solve anything.
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

DarkVenom
    where is the tweak fourms can u give me the site or link to it

i did everything it said on the fourm and it moves my connection for webpages a liitle bit quicker which is good but i read it and i dont see anything for game ping i looked at it 8 times and still couldnt find it.

ping is ping for games adn ftp and web all the same, not much u can do.

doesnt sound liek u have a problem anyway

do u run aim and stuff in the background?

Originally posted by AceFireball
    do you notice that you are lagging or is your ping just at 110 range
    ?Answer?
    Member - Redneck Yacht Club

DarkVenom
    yea and mirc and steam and counter strike 1.6

yea and mirc and steam and counter strike 1.6
    well turn off ur other net stuff when playing.