Thread: Clans.

Question Clans.

How does one go about attracting members to a clan? I've got one that reaches in Enemy Territory and Diablo 2 (The Army of the Heavens), and it seems like all I've been doing for a month is losing members without pulling any in. Is there some magical formula that you can do to attract people who will be loyal to the clan?

Does you Clan have a website? I noticed when i tryed to start a clan in a couple of games that people wouldnt join if there was no site. 1 more idea, Maybe you should host a tryout server to get people to join.

Originally posted by extreme
    Does you Clan have a website? I noticed when i tryed to start a clan in a couple of games that people wouldnt join if there was no site. 1 more idea, Maybe you should host a tryout server to get people to join.
    We do have a site, actually. Not completed (multiple sites for each division), but we do. And a working bulletin board.

Tryout server? We usually do that when people request to join. Since nobody has, I've just kept it down for a while.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Website, forums, good running server to practice on (<==big one), hold regular practices/scrimmages, and get involved in tournaments.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

deleted_acct
    Advertise, check out forums, let them know your running a clan and give them your site link, put your site link in your sigs, nice sites really seem to bring members.Put up a Clan tryout server, Name the server "name Of Clan" Tryouts , people look for tryouts alot in the name of the server.Stay active...Join some servers and get to know the people in it, joke around with them and then ask if they would like to be in a clan.

We have requests almost daily for new recruits. But we are very picky on who we let in (eg. age restrictions, teamwork, sprotsmanship). I think that makes our clan more desired.

We also run a ventrilo server so we can actually get to know the players better.

It also helps that our clan is the top scoring on our server. By about 6000 points.

I'd say advertise your website, forum and on your servers, announce that you're recruiting and use word to mouth. I'm sure some of your members have friends that might want to play.
    Good luck on your expansion.

Paft,

Read this statement from our clan. It's bascially our mission statement.

=XDC= We haven't had any problems recruiting. We dont hold any tryouts, ect. The only way your in is by invitation only. We use our forums, our mIRC, and our server to attract members.