Thread: New Truck

Thumbs up New Truck

Finally got my new Dakota that I special ordered back in late January. Wish it had come with a painted grill instead of chrome, but I can live with it. Fully loaded for $25K, 0% financing for 4 years.

Last edited by lonewolfz28; 03-07-04 at 11:24 PM.
    Back on the attack!

Nice

nice truck, i love 2001 clubcab dakota, they ride really nice
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

The chrome looks so much better bro. Don't change it.

Originally posted by Cameron203
    The chrome looks so much better bro. Don't change it.
    Thanks all.

And yes, the chrome is growing on me. I had a '93 SLT with a chrome grill, but it was a mother to keep clean. That's part of why I wanted a more subdued, painted grill.

I'm getting a few hard looks so I guess it isn't too bad. It actually feels taller than my Silverado.

I've got a K&N cold-air-induction kit on the way to boost me back up into the same 270HP range as my Silverado. Not too shabby from a 4.7L V-8. Plus, I'll be toting a couple hundred fewer pounds.

Now, all I have to do is swap out those Wranglers with some BF Goodrich AT's and I'll be ready for some serious fun back home.
    Back on the attack!

I know it sucks but you have to stay on it. I mean have to get the bugs off can't let the sun bake them on. Chrome just em........blings LOL

Seriously though some chrome around the fender wells, tint, and a tonneau cover and she'll look real good.

It's got a soft tonneau. I don't care for the hard tonneau, too hard to carry bulky items.

It is getting a spray-in bedliner in a couple weeks. Might also get a new exhaust system if the K&N alone doesn't fulfill my power wants. I still haven't decided if I want a brushguard/winch on the front or not. It already has a slight nose-down stance and I'm afraid the weight of the brushguard would make it worse.
    Back on the attack!

Originally posted by lonewolfz28
    It's got a soft tonneau. I don't care for the hard tonneau, too hard to carry bulky items.

It is getting a spray-in bedliner in a couple weeks. Might also get a new exhaust system if the K&N alone doesn't fulfill my power wants. I still haven't decided if I want a brushguard/winch on the front or not. It already has a slight nose-down stance and I'm afraid the weight of the brushguard would make it worse.
    Oh man the hard tonneau looks so much better you can even wax that bad boy.

Check this out by the way cool add-ons. I mean trucks are endless nerf bars, check out this rear view, tell me this doesn't set the interior off.

Rearview http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...rv_mirrors.htm I want one of these for my car but don't know if they mount with your existing hardware or it has its own. I went to Trenz's website and they said universal fit.

Website http://www.truckaddons.com/

Originally posted by Cameron203
    Oh man the hard tonneau looks so much better you can even wax that bad boy.

Check this out by the way cool add-ons. I mean trucks are endless nerf bars, check out this rear view, tell me this doesn't set the interior off.

Rearview http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...rv_mirrors.htm I want one of these for my car but don't know if they mount with your existing hardware or it has its own. I went to Trenz's website and they said universal fit.

Website http://www.truckaddons.com/
    This is a daily driver/weekend work truck. In other words, function over fashion. The only reason I was considering adding on a brushguard was to protect the grill when I go off-road and from potential fender benders. You ding the grill on these and you're replacing the entire hood.

Waxing the hard tonneau is more of a deterent than a plus.

I carry a lot of large boxes and furniture for friends. A hard tonneau would have to keep being removed. It only takes a minute to peel off the soft tonneau and stuff it into the cab and then another minute or two to slap back on.

The hard tonneau would be more secure, but I don't store stuff in my bed anyways.
    Back on the attack!

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Sweet looking rig! Stay with the chrome grill.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Congratulations lonewolfz28!!! Very nice truck!!!