Thread: Question on WAV file conversion

Question on WAV file conversion

I'm converting mp3 audio files to .wav files so I can burn them to a CD and listen to them in the car CD player. Problem is the size ! These are talk mps's, so quality isn't a big issue here. Is there a way I can reduce the size of the wav file by lowering the bitrate from 128 to 32 or something ? I tried it with a program called EZ mp3 Wave Converter but the converted files appear to be the same size. Any help would be sincerely appreciated !
    "We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....

Sorry. The problem is that you have to have a CD quailty wav before you can burn it to CD....that's a full 16 bit, 44.1 kHz file...

Yes, there are smaller wav formats...but the problem is, that for it to be Redbook, it has to be 16 bit 44.1...there isn't a way around it.

At least if you want it to play on regular CD players. Now if you had a player that could also play mp3's........

Bummer ! I should have sprung the extra bucks for a CD unit that played mp3's.

The bible on CD in wav format will be...... lemme guess-around 60 CD's !

Good thing I stocked up on them for $ .15 a piece after rebate !

"We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....