Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: State Troopers write bogus tickets!

State Troopers write bogus tickets!

My Daughter was in an accident on christmas day. She was following My wife and I to Ohio for Christmas dinner with our 2 other kids in the car...we had just gotten on the highway approx 1.5 miles earlier....we were going out past the Airport when we hit a stretch of road that was solid Ice...I slid a little but being in My truck it was a lot heavier it wasnt too bad....I looked in My rear view mirror to see her doing 2 complete circles then smashing into the center barrier...we were going Well under the posted speed limits.....After 2 calls to 911 the state police FINALLY showed up 15-20 mins later...thank god noone was seriously hurt...they were banged up a little from the air bags....when I pulled over to walk back I watched 6 cars do the EXACT same thing that she did but they were lucky enough not to hit the center concrete barrier. When the state cop finally arrived someone right behind him did the exact same thing as he watched. He was courteous at the time and drove them to a rest area to be picked up...he said if I had any questions to call him....well a week later he wrote her a 105 dollar ticket and mailed it to her.I called him twice so far and no replies...imagine that huh? I was shocked and pissed to see this. I immediately called My state rep to see what he could do about this bogus ticket which said driving at safe speeds....havent heard anything yet....and when he drove them back to the rest area HE was doing the speed limit and talking to his wife on his cell phone.....talk about double standards
    He never once radioed for a salt truck to salt this KNOWN BAD STRETCH of road....Once I beat this how do I file a complaint about this state trooper?..could I have a possible lawsuit here? State not maintaining a KNOWN bad section of road???
    Last edited by Rainbow; 01-08-04 at 05:38 AM.

woaw..

too hard to read..

Whats too hard to read?

ok..

ever heard of paragraphs?..

Wow Bala..... Harsh!!!

The man is telling you about a accident his daughter was in and asking about what seems like a bogus ticket.... and you feel compelled to correct his grammar???

Rainbow,, did the ticket come registered mail? I don't see how they can mail you a ticket for that after the fact, but I certainly wouldn't miss the court date. Talk to a lawyer. It doesn't sound right.
    TOO MUCH GIDDYYUP,,, NOT ENOUGH WHOA!!!

Trav

Rainbow.....

Talk to an attorney. Also call the State Police for information. Not as an angry citizen but as an inquirer. Ask if the state has a policy about single vehicle accidents (no injuries, only property damage).

They may issue those tickets, as a matter of policy, to cover cost of damage to center divider, sign posts, signals or whatever is damaged by the driver. If you explain what happened to State Police superviser, or to the judge in court, they will probably dismiss the citation.

The officer involved may have only submitted his report and some supervisor reviewing the report, read the speed and road condition and sent out an automated citation for UNsafe speed for the icy conditions without knowing the circumstances.

Like I said, it may be a matter of policy to cover cost of damages unless you show up to explain why driver lost control. Once you explain what you've told us to anyone, I don't think she will be held responsible or fined.
    ߡk@

"Okay! Who stole the cork outta my lunch?"

end of the month/year... quotas?
    What really sucks is consulting with a lawyer and costs of going to court will be more than the ticket. Keeping false charges off her record will be worth it though.

who read it? Someone translate, both rainbow and binks need to use paragraphs!

Rainbow if something bad happened to ur daughter cuz of a fake ticket then that sucks big time! sue!

Broke
    Originally posted by binksfan
    Rainbow.....

The officer involved may have only submitted his report and some supervisor reviewing the report, read the speed and road condition and sent out an automated citation for UNsafe speed for the icy conditions without knowing the circumstances.
    Happens all the time.

And I think it time SG opens a Grammer forum so Bala and YOS have a place to hang out

^ ^ ^ edited for the Grammer Police ^ ^ ^
    ߡk@

"Okay! Who stole the cork outta my lunch?"

Originally posted by binksfan
    ^ ^ ^ edited for the Grammer Police ^ ^ ^

thanks man!

oh i'm not the police, i'm the lawyer

o.O ... if you have an accident because you did something wrong... is it your fault or not? If you drive unsafely and cause an accident isn't it your fault?

It's whacky how many pile ups there are in the US. You can only have a pile up if people are driving unsafely for the conditions... which seems to be the common thing over there. It makes it into our media all the time. We don't have pileups here.

Anyhow... glad your daughter is okay, instruct her on driving to conditions As part of our learner driver lisence we need have driven in a variety of conditions in a demonstrateably safe manner.. do they have anything like that in the US? Or do you just have to drive around the block and do a reverse park or something to get your license?
    Australian Regular Army and proud of it.

Originally posted by BaLa
    woaw..

too hard to read..
    English to complicated?

Rainbow, it's always hard to tell how these things will play out. I wish you luck though.

In 1999 I was driving on I-76 in Colorado and barreled off the side of an exit ramp (30mph... but didn't know it @ 11pm) and flipped on the roof of my car. No one was hurt. Car was totalled.

I got a ticket for "failure to maintain control". I'll take it. I definetely lost control that time. LOL

What does the ticket say on it as far as the ticket reason? (failure to maintain control/wreckless op/etc)

Where's Rusell12 ? He knows all about this stuff.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Originally posted by Travlin_Man
    Wow Bala..... Harsh!!!

The man is telling you about a accident his daughter was in and asking about what seems like a bogus ticket.... and you feel compelled to correct his grammar???

Ditto
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Uninsured for your health
    sounds like BS to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Originally posted by vinnie
    o.O ... if you have an accident because you did something wrong... is it your fault or not? If you drive unsafely and cause an accident isn't it your fault?

Anyhow... glad your daughter is okay, instruct her on driving to conditions As part of our learner driver lisence we need have driven in a variety of conditions in a demonstrateably safe manner..
    What part of driving on ice is safe? Is there a driving on ice speed? Rainbow said they were going well under the posted speed limits. I don't think it matters necessarily what speed you are driving but the faster you go the faster you go the harder you will crash. I only feel its right to defend him when just saturday my husband and I had hit black ice while in his bronco. We were only going about 15 mph and slid all the way across the road. Like I said ice is ice we weren't driving dangerously and I doubt she was as well. Besides don't you know when kids drive around their parents they drive alot safer than say when they were alone
    "The way to be safe is never to be secure."

Originally posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    Ditto
    you guys

I do not know what he's talking about, as I did and will not read it.

it is extremely difficult to read a post if it is drawn out like that...

Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    Originally posted by iaus10
    end of the month/year... quotas?
    What really sucks is consulting with a lawyer and costs of going to court will be more than the ticket. Keeping false charges off her record will be worth it though.

Negative! The end of the month quotas thing is a myth, and pure bull.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.