Thread: uhh ohhh... Kold's finally got a headset!

uhh ohhh... Kold's finally got a headset!

Just opened it up from the package.. Best Buy gift cert hooked me up with a plantronics $30 job. Is this a good one? There was also a Logitech one for $25.. I wasn't sure which one to get. It's just for teamspeak, so hopefully this will be adequate.

I have off till monday so hopefully I'll get this thing hooked up soon amongst all the other things I need to use this free weekend for.

What do I do, just install teamspeak, point it to the DC teamspeak server and rock n' roll?.. or are there some things I should note? anyways, I haven't even downloaded teamspeak yet.. I've got some PC's to work on here at the house first..

talk to you peeps soon..
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Yeah you need to config a name, and turn on press to speak. Instead of voice activation. Also make sure that the right microphone and speakers are being used. We've had guys using their output devices as microphones and well. All we heard was nonstop in game sounds.
    Respect it.

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!
    I have a set of the plantronics myself. They are the kind that go around the back of your head and are really comfortable. I have had them now for about 5 months and havent had any problems with them at all.

SG Enthusiast
    What's wrong with having the voice activation on instead of pressing a button to talk?

Originally posted by Snuf
    What's wrong with having the voice activation on instead of pressing a button to talk?

The problem is that when you cough of brush the mic, or breathe. That sound comes through TS for everybody to hear. Also you get alot of in game sounds that come through the microphone. And depending on how you have it set up it causes an echo. So if I said something it would come out your speakers into your mic and then back to me again. That can be a pain.
    Respect it.

I still can't get TS to stay connected while im In DC... if TS is on while I run DC.. DC doesnt load at all.
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

I set max upload to the minimum.... I set the max download to 12kbs... should be no problem... DC only uses like 40% of my connection.
    Asus p4p800 Deluxe Mobo - Pentium 4 3.2 @ 3.6 - Thermaltake Spark7 HSF - Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 - ATI Radeon x850 XT PE 256mb - Maxtor 120 GB 8mb cache - Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 - Altec Lansing 5.1 Sattelites w/sub - Cooler Master Cavalier 3 case

Originally posted by TrevGlas
    I set max upload to the minimum.... I set the max download to 12kbs... should be no problem... DC only uses like 40% of my connection.

Sounds like something is wrong with your IP stack. In that it isn't allowing concurent connections. I don't think TS uses DirectX.
    Respect it.

What should I do

Originally posted by TrevGlas
    What should I do

You ever try any of the cablenut tweaks?

I don't know if it will fix anything but it's worth a shot...
    Respect it.

I'm constantly teaking my connection... I run over my caps 90% of the time now.