Thread: Was thinkin about BF but then............

Unhappy Was thinkin about BF but then............

I was thinkin about gettin 42 so i figured I'd try the demo...TK HELL...I was killed before i cud drive away in a jeep or get off the run way. Is it any better in the full version? All this talk about it makes me want it
    Member - Redneck Yacht Club

Re: Was thinkin about BF but then............

Originally posted by AceFireball
    I was thinkin about gettin 42 so i figured I'd try the demo...TK HELL...I was killed before i cud drive away in a jeep or get off the run way. Is it any better in the full version? All this talk about it makes me want it
    abusive TKers are autokicked from teh SG server.

Get it!
    You won't regret it!
    The more I drink, the less I care.

People abusive toward team killers are also kicked.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Re: Was thinkin about BF but then............

Originally posted by AceFireball
    The new version patch includes a mod which servers will auto-kick team killers after a few TK's.

Also just play online until you find a server that is well run by a fair mod. There's hundreds and hundreds of little booger picking kiddies out there who have some "god complex" about running their own server, letting things get out of hand, arguing with people who connect. It gets frustrating until you find a well run and managed server that is frequently policed by "fair admins".

I got tired of looking for one, so we started one ourselves!
    So get the full version, download all the danged patches (yeah, ya need 3 patches...and they're pretty big), and hop on in and enjoy the fun.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

go get it ace, best online game I'v played in 3 yrs.....
    You make it, We take it !

I agree with everyone here, Its a great game. I used to have that same problem when I first started playing BF. On servers without admins the big thing to do is kill the guy running for the vehicle you want so that you can get the vehicle. This used to drive me insane, but on the SG server people have respect for each other and play as a team.

Get the game... You won't regret it!

Hanging out with Prince Albert Needlefreak's Avatar
    Great game..

and sometimes a good TK in order..

Well....I guess ill have to find my way to best buy
    You guys will prolly own me but oh well ill jus get on yalls team Im in the TS server, its funny listenin to you guys....."Where oh where could the scud be, oh where oh where could it be.." lol, not sure who said it tho
    Last edited by AceFireball; 12-27-03 at 08:50 PM.
    Member - Redneck Yacht Club

lol,i was just on a server and this one guy kept killin everyone on the carrier tryin to get a plane or as they were taking off.I mentioned it and nothin was done.I tk'ed his ass and it felt GOOD.err,then they kicked ME!-omg-heh

No doubt ,some stuffy servers out there that allow some really heavy team stacking,allow total uncaptureable base stomping,and act like the devil,lol

After a bit,u willfind some decent servers.Heck,i think the graphic beauty is worth it alone to get this game

edith,still common especially pilots will maim or kill to get a plane-jeesh

i was just on a server and this one guy kept killin everyone on the carrier tryin to get a plane or as they were taking off.I mentioned it and nothin was done.I tk'ed his ass and it felt GOOD.err,then they kicked ME!
    Did the same last night and was kicked last night with admins in game. Ah well.

If I know I was TK'ed on purpose, I'll spend the rest of the game killing that person.

somebody killed YOSC to get a chopper as soon as they logged in, BAD MOVE.

LOL

Originally posted by sitosterol
    Did the same last night and was kicked last night with admins in game. Ah well.

If I know I was TK'ed on purpose, I'll spend the rest of the game killing that person.

jus6t because there's an admin playin doesn;t mean that all kicks are done by them. the server auto-kicks TKers with a certain amount of TKs. the server kicks a lot more than admins do.... otherwise we would spend all our time watching and kicking. come to think of it, i have NEVER kicked a SG member..... never even had to tell them to "knock it off" aside from when sometimes folks get carried away with the potty-mouth.... and even then, i don;t stress over it.

to be frank, i would rather just play than try and play god (yes, sometimes i just watch, but only on maps i don't like)..... playing god it too repetitive and boring. i think the other admins are the same way.
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Faust, there was one time we all joined the blue team and goofed around and killed eachother. The server never kicked any of us.

I realize there isn't much that can be done about it. No biggy. Didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing.

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    somebody killed YOSC to get a chopper as soon as they logged in, BAD MOVE.

LOL
    That has happened to me more than once!! And yeah, it was a bad move on their part also...took me about 5 seconds to kick that fool!

Oh yeah AceFireBall...get the game, you wont regret it!

i know, guys... no worries. was just stating whats what. SG players, YoSC and myself included have been kicked by the server at one time or another.

BFRM is pretty buggy (from my experience, it;s the client side, or "BFRM" thats buggy. BFSM does seem to do its job). i've seen folks with -6 or -8 scores and they weren't kicked by the server. and on the other hand, i see folks get kicked with less than that (as far as a negative score.... maybe they had 4 TKs, but enough kills to keep their score from being negative).

at any rate... i am just saying... don;t think the admins are doing all the kicking. i would bet the server kicks between 4x and 10x as many folks as admins do. we're at the mercy of a buggy adminning interface...... i just got my server back up today, and i will be trying another adminning app out. hopefully it;ll work better that what we use (and what 95% of all DC server admins use). the buggyness could also hinge on the chat lag. since chat and the console are integral, maybe other console commande are also affected.....

*shrugs*
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard