Thread: Setup Wireless Network

deleted_acct

Setup Wireless Network

Last night i setup a wireless network for a friend, his family had 3 laptops, and a xbox which my friend played his xbox on the interenet 24/7 and they didnt know about routers and stuff so they had dialup on there laptops,well they got another laptop and i told them about routers so they purchased one and wireless cards for there laptops.They had me set it up,well i have never messed with wireless but i was pretty sure its just like a regular router setup pretty much.Well all i can say is it was a breeze and i have fallen in love with wireless now,the next router im getting is wireless,and a laptop to go with it ,this is so awesome,although the xbox doesnt support wirelss you can get a game adapter so you can get on a wireless network, i just plugged the xbox right into the router since it has wired ports too, and the xbox is right beside the router.I did a speed test and its speeds were just as good as i get,my friend has same isp as me.I didnt get a chance to ping stuff yet,but im installing xbconnect for him today so we can play halo since its not live and ill get to checkout pings then.But for anyone sketchy about a wireless setup,I would definately say go with it,Although i didnt get a chance to really test it a long ways like upstairs or anything.

the high (ussually 2.4Ghz) signal of WiFi doesnt travel very well through objects such as a radio station would.. ussually if you plan for a more extended range you will need amplifiers for the recieving client(s)/access point ussually a 16db gain or lower is plenty for either yagi or omni directional antennas

if this is nothing more than a wireless house than you should be fine with the provided antennas

ииии

ииии

Chillinhh, glade to hear you ventured into the world of wireless.

OMG
    ever heard of paragraphs?..

geez..
    I read first few sentences then I quit reading..

deleted_acct
    Originally posted by BaLa
    OMG
    ever heard of paragraphs?..

geez..
    I read first few sentences then I quit reading..
    hehe w00ps,sorry just got alittle excited there.