Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1942 DC

Battlefield 1942 DC

ok, i finally got the DC patch thing, how do i get onto the SG servers to play with u guys now???

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Visit the gaming forum...up top I stickied a post with the details about the server I built. It has the IP address of the server, the port is default so you don't have to change that.

Middle of the day and afternoon it's usually empty, but evening it jams! Early morning often a lot playing from Europe on it.

We have many threads going on about it in the gaming forum.

Also note the latest addition to our main Speedguide Site here! See that "Main" drop down menu up top towards the left? Click it...you'll see a new selection "SG Game Server" Fun new page we just launched this weekend!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

all you have to do is click the "add server" button that is towards the upper right of the server selection screen when your browsing for servers to play on. Then type the IP address of our server and click "join" and you are in..
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Another easy way would be to just refresh the server list using the FILTER on the right. Then, sort them by name, look for SG and you're there !

After playing a bit, we want to see an [SG] Meggie profile.

Originally posted by mountainman
    Another easy way would be to just refresh the server list using the FILTER on the right. Then, sort them by name, look for SG and you're there !

After playing a bit, we want to see an [SG] Meggie profile.
    That's right! And someone to ...err...uhm...somehow distract Immy out there.

Note to all....if you play on the server...keep an eye in the gaming forum for when I post a notification that the servers IP address will be changing...we'll be moving it off the T-1 soon...over to a slice of a nice fat OC-3!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Awesome !

I already get pings of 60s or so. It should be nice and low now.

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    .we'll be moving it off the T-1 soon...over to a slice of a nice fat OC-3!
    [Marv Albert] YYYYYYYEEES!!! [/Marv Albert]
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Hanging out with Prince Albert Needlefreak's Avatar
    Meggie is in there kicking butt.....Positive score on her first game!!! Me on the otherhand,I was getting kicked....

Originally posted by mountainman
    Awesome !

I already get pings of 60s or so. It should be nice and low now.

My lowest has been in the 50-60 range but when she starts to get full it jumps up to 100-200....Round 200 it unplayable with the constant warping..

Originally posted by Needlefreak
    Meggie is in there kicking butt.....Positive score on her first game!!! Me on the otherhand,I was getting kicked....
    Really? Dang..missed her. Looking in remote server manager....14 peeps in there now, Indy and Sitosterol from SG..and a dozen other various outsiders. I don't see Meggie though..bummer, was gonna console log in and cheer her on!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

.we'll be moving it off the T-1 soon...over to a slice of a nice fat OC-3!

Really? Dang..missed her. Looking in remote server manager....14 peeps in there now, Indy and Sitosterol from SG..and a dozen other various outsiders. I don't see Meggie though..bummer, was gonna console log in and cheer her on!
    When I left she was still in......Between my kids not listening and Sitosterol sticking C4 up my ass constantly I just called it quits...

Beware.
    Respect it.

My lowest has been in the 50-60 range but when she starts to get full it jumps up to 100-200....Round 200 it unplayable with the constant warping..
    Yeah that's what I'm hoping will go away on the new pipe. Battlefield engine takes a LOT of bandwidth...50 - 80KB/sec per client. 20 people on the server will completely fill up a full T-1 pipe. And realize this T-1 is already heavily used for internet access for a half dozen offices and businesses.

The new slice of OC-3...similar to fractional T-1's in that it's not a full pipe, but a fractional ATM circuit...you can increase your bandwidth in chunks as needed. He already has a fiber in with 2 megs on it...should be 15 megs worth of pipe once he's done migrating his accounts over to this OC-3.

A full T-1 = 1.544Mbps
    A full OC-3 = 155.52 Mbps ...right now he has a 2.0 slice of that 156 megs....shortly to be 15 megs.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Yeah that's what I'm hoping will go away on the new pipe. Battlefield engine takes a LOT of bandwidth...50 - 80KB/sec per client. 20 people on the server will completely fill up a full T-1 pipe. And realize this T-1 is already heavily used for internet access for a half dozen offices and businesses.

The new slice of OC-3...similar to fractional T-1's in that it's not a full pipe, but a fractional ATM circuit...you can increase your bandwidth in chunks as needed. He already has a fiber in with 2 megs on it...should be 15 megs worth of pipe once he's done migrating his accounts over to this OC-3.

A full T-1 = 1.544Mbps
    A full OC-3 = 155.52 Mbps ...right now he has a 2.0 slice of that 156 megs....shortly to be 15 megs.
    In otherwords IMHO we should pony up some $$ to help cover this...Bigtime..

Oh...and...I love you man!! Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!

^
    |
    |
    |
    |

What he said.

mwahaha! i was killin people! it was great. i didnt die till i tried riding around in the tank with needlefreak

Originally posted by Meggie
    mwahaha! i was killin people! it was great. i didnt die till i tried riding around in the tank with needlefreak

He had been drinking all day what did you expect? Competent leadership?
    Respect it.

Originally posted by Meggie
    Hey!! Wasent my fault [SG] SissyTroll stuck a block of C4 up our rump..My top gunner wasent paying attention..

I didnt notice it was you till I went back and reviewed the text.....Gosh you got a manly voice..

Hey!! Wasent my fault [SG] SissyTroll stuck a block of C4 up our rump..My top gunner wasent paying attention..

I didnt notice it was you till I went back and reviewed the text.....Gosh you got a manly voice..

war makes a girl do crazy things