Thread: "A Problem With Google"?

Unhappy "A Problem With Google"?

My brother’s having a little trouble, maybe someone could help? The last month or so he’s been having trouble connecting to the search engine, “Google”. He said that when he clicks on their Url that he’s able to connect to the site, but it takes forever to open the page and he gets “Timed Out”. He told me that this is the only site that is giving him this problem. I told him that one possibility could be a “ping problem” between his Service Provider and Google. I know when I have a problem such as this, I do a “Ping” and “Tracert” check. Well I have Windows 98 installed and he has Windows XP. I’m not familiar with XP so I don’t know how to run a Tracert or Ping Test on his system. If someone could possibly help out, I’d appreciate it? His Service provider is: “WowWay”.

Thanks for your help,

John

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    with wowway you can't tracereart or ping they block that for security i would scan for viruses just to make sure

To ping in wixp 2k you goto start menu run type cmd and you do it there.
    Comptia a+ n+

Thanks, mccoffee. I'll tell my brother. I know he has AVG installed and runs it on a regular basis, but sometimes a virus can still sneak by. I'm also going to tell him to install "SpyBot" & "SpyWareBlaster". He may have some type of Spyware in the registry that he doesn't know about that could be causing the problem. I had something like this myself a few months ago, but a little different in nature. Every time I clicked on any website, I had a search engine that would open up. Not "Google", the one I always use. It turned out the search engine was actually "spyware". When I installed SpyBot, it found and destroyed it, and all the other Spyware that I had. And with SpyWareBlaster I keep all that garbage blocked.

John

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    There is a couple of viruses that do that it could be spyware or something in the registry the went corrupted.

It could be his dns server too.
    Comptia a+ n+

If you love Google, type in "weapons of mass destruction" without the quotes and hit the I am lucky button