Thread: Whats the absolutely positively bestly electric shaver?

Whats the absolutely positively bestly electric shaver?

?
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I'm not up on all the high end brands, as I'm sure some peeps can come up with rare exotic foreign models....but I've always held Braun as one of the top common brands.

http://www.braun.com/na/products/sha...ryshaving.html

I have been using the old Norelco since I began shaving....that old triple round head style. Braun's new rechargeable model is on my X-Mas list!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

For years I used safety razor. First elec. was Norelco like YOSC's. Used it for 5-6 years til it finally gave up the ghost. Wife replaced it last year with Remington Microflex R-9100 as Christmas present. It's probably just advances in tech., but Remington is lighter, faster shave.....holds a charge twice as long as the old Norelco, and it's waterproof. To clean it, you just open it up and hold it under hot running water. Kewl product. Like it a lot!
    ߡk@

"Okay! Who stole the cork outta my lunch?"

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    I'm not up on all the high end brands, as I'm sure some peeps can come up with rare exotic foreign models....but I've always held Braun as one of the top common brands.

I have been using the old Norelco since I began shaving....that old triple round head style. Braun's new rechargeable model is on my X-Mas list!
    Me too! I'd love to try one before buying one. It doesn't matter which electric razor I use, I still have to break out the blade for the final cut. Nothing has gotten close enough to cut everything.

Certified SG Addict
    I only use an electric for sideburn trimming and the occasional woke-up-15-minutes-until-I-have-to-be-at-work quick shave...otherwise, it's all razor. The shave is much, much closer and clean in my experience.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Originally posted by Burke
    I only use an electric for sideburn trimming and the occasional woke-up-15-minutes-until-I-have-to-be-at-work quick shave...otherwise, it's all razor. The shave is much, much closer and clean in my experience.
    Didn't you just get a Braun last year? Or did that find it's way to your perpetual 4 sale list?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Certified SG Addict
    Didn't you just get a Braun last year? Or did that find it's way to your perpetual 4 sale list?
    Yes, but like I said, I only use it at specific times...

I can't make it through the "my face hurts like hell" transition period going from a razor to an electric razor.
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

I have had a Braun Synchro 7526 for about a year now and wouldn't change it for anything now. I used Norelcos for years, but I feel the Braun is better.
    No more commercials.
    New keyboard, but still no "any" key.

I was a Braun man for years. I got the Remington Micro Screen 3 4000 last year for Christmas. Holds a charge forever, is washable, has 3 straight cutting screens (no circular saws) and has a trimmer. It also has Turbo mode which of course really winds that puppy up beyond full speed.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Braun yncro here too, its great, even cleans itself!

I have a Braun as well...
    which reminds me, I still need to buy some new blades and a screen for it..

I like Braun. But make sure you get one of the better models with the cutter between the 2 foils (though not necessarily one of the self-cleaning ones). When I first got mine about a year ago, I thought it was just an added gimmick, but it's not. It's really effective with any strays that the foils miss.

With electric shaving there's a certain skill required and a transition period for people who are used to a blade. You have to give it a real chance.

Re: Whats the absolutely positively bestly electric shaver?

Originally posted by Brent
    ?

A broken one.
    Respect it.