Thread: Just ordered some new Hardware

Just ordered some new Hardware

I'm cheap, so I stay a few months behind the "bleeding edge".

9600Pro
    2500+
    NF7
    All for $320 from NewEgg. Should be an improvement from my current GF4 4200, 1800+, A7V266-E box.

Got a brand new 80GB 8M cache for free from a friend.
    And recently bought a used projector. Games, DVD's, and TV in large format... I will be getting fat this winter.
    Abit NF7, 2500+ o/c'd to 3200+, 1GB 3200 DDR, 9800Pro 128M, DVDrw, 80GB 8M, XPpro

Not bad, NF& is a great board. This gonna replace the 1800+ or is it gonna be another system?

Oh, and do you fold?

Thanks, it's pretty much for another system. I have the 1800, 1.4G T-bird, and 700 Athlon boxen right now at home. Folding on all of 'em for team 10644 (where I work).
    Abit NF7, 2500+ o/c'd to 3200+, 1GB 3200 DDR, 9800Pro 128M, DVDrw, 80GB 8M, XPpro

You mean SG isn't worth just 1 CPU at leeeeast?

If you need ram I recomend teh Geil Golden Dragon sticks. They seem to meet their rated speeds easily and if you relax the timings, you can really crank them out!

That 2500+ is going to be locked most likely

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    You mean SG isn't worth just 1 CPU at leeeeast?

If you need ram I recomend teh Geil Golden Dragon sticks. They seem to meet their rated speeds easily and if you relax the timings, you can really crank them out!
    Heh. Well, I folded and crunched Genome for SG for a while, got into the top ten at one point. Peeps at work guilted me into it, as my machines made a statistically greater difference (team rankings) for them. One day I'll be back

Extreme,
    I heard about the multi locks on newer Bartons. Doesn't bug me too much. Hopefully I'll be able to get the fsb up a bit. If not, I'll just run everything at stock.

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF

Thanks for the tip, I'll check Geil out. By relaxing the timings, I assume you get exponentially more benefit when raising the Mhz (The timings make less of a noticable difference than fsb)? I haven't done much in the way of benchmarking my overclocking when I've done it in the past.

Originally posted by iaus10
    Thanks for the tip, I'll check Geil out. By relaxing the timings, I assume you get exponentially more benefit when raising the Mhz (The timings make less of a noticable difference than fsb)? I haven't done much in the way of benchmarking my overclocking when I've done it in the past.
    Well, depends on teh person. By relaxing the timings teh ram performance goes down, but uping the fsb helps to increase memory performance a bit, plus overall it OCs the system. So basically you want to find a good balance. See which way makes the games and apps you use faster.

Can't the NF7 bypass the lock? Maybe that Strip Sticker thign will work?