Thread: Got a new iPod...

SG Elite

Talking Got a new iPod...

New 20 GB iPod with the new style...a LOT slimmer and slightly smaller. The buttons are extremely tactile and sensitive, and the charger/transfer cradle is so much easier than the old wires-everywhere version.

Nice!

I have a 15gb one and i love it! The only thing is that the buttons are so sensitive.

SG Elite
    Originally posted by extreme
    Nice!

I have a 15gb one and i love it! The only thing is that the buttons are so sensitive.
    Yeah, but having gigs of music to counter the radio at work is priceless!

Awww man id love to have an ipod =(.

Such a sleak design

But i figure that my minidisc player has been abused and the buttons arent working so if i bought an ipod im sure id end up destroying it D=.
    formerly: Banzaiiboi

SG Elite
    Originally posted by Altema
    Awww man id love to have an ipod =(.

Such a sleak design

But i figure that my minidisc player has been abused and the buttons arent working so if i bought an ipod im sure id end up destroying it D=.
    The iPod is really great...lightweight, great sound quality, several different drive sizes, great backlit LCD...the downside of course is the price.

I just bought a 20GB 3G version a about a month ago and I'm very impressed. The only thing I find irritating is when you enable the iPod as a FireWire HD -- it hijacks the drive letter of one of my 120GB drives and changes that drives letter to the first available, which in my case is K:

I really like the Creative nomad jukebox Zen, tho the name is getting quite long.

lmk when you plan on selling it

disabled account
    Burke,

Did you ever have the chance to listen to a Archos unit?

david
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

SG Elite
    Originally posted by nepenthe
    Burke,

Did you ever have the chance to listen to a Archos unit?

david
    Yeah. The iPod's sound is a lot cleaner IMHO. Not to mention the Archos is a little too "bricky" for my tastes.

disabled account
    Originally posted by Burke
    Yeah. The iPod's sound is a lot cleaner IMHO. Not to mention the Archos is a little too "bricky" for my tastes.
    I was very interested in the Archos for it multimedia abilities, however music fidelity is more important. Thanks for the tip.

shant,
    david
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/
    due to all the commotion about that they've reduced it to $99 http://www.info.apple.com/support/ap...d_service.html

still, thats a lot of money for batteries
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

SG Elite
    Originally posted by Brent
    due to all the commotion about that they've reduced it to $99 http://www.info.apple.com/support/ap...d_service.html

still, thats a lot of money for batteries
    How generous of them.

disabled account
    http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/
    For crying out loud..... That will tank my considering an IPod.

SG Elite
    Originally posted by nepenthe
    For crying out loud..... That will tank my considering an IPod.
    It's tough with any product that is so highly integrated.

Still, I went into owning an iPod knowing the confiscatory and niche market nature of an Apple product, but for some reason I'd trust their support over something from Archos or iRiver. I could always be wrong, though.

Admittedly, 50% of my choice was for the aesthetics, but the other 50% was for the fidelity...the iPod's sound is just cleaner and louder than other units I've demo'd.

you guys do know that the average battery lasts about 2 years. still 18 months for a lithium battery is a lot.

If you are not happy with the 99 bucks you can get third party ones that are just as good for 50.

BTW, the archos and all other HDD based players all have the same type of problem. RECHARGABLE BATTERIES DIE OVER TIME!!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Weapons of Ass Destruction"