Thread: Dreamweaver Help part 2

Dreamweaver Help part 2

OK here is my new problum the whole class is having when we preview the site no links will open it says can not find file... i have it to the file for the link ot open the picture... do we have to publish it on a server to open links even?

In just a few words: you need to define your site in Dreamweaver before the preview function will work correctly. You don't have to define a remote site if you are using your local host as a web server. You may have to have IIS installed on your pc before you can have it act as a web server.

Here is a link to Macromedia with basic steps for defining a site in Dreamweaver MX:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/dr...e_new_site.htm

Hopefully you've already got this figured out, but just in case you haven't, good luck.

As long as your whole site is set inside one folder, you are set on that part.

Next thing to look at is how you have your "link to" typed in there. It is easiest if you put ALL pages under one directory. If you do that, you can just type "index.htm" or "contactus.htm" under the "link" bar in Dreamweaver.

Once you do that, when you click a link, it will just look for that file in the same root folder that the current page is on. (Think, if you are starting with "index.htm" and you click a link that is called "contact.htm", it will search in that SAME folder as "index.htm" is in for that "contact.htm" page.

If you need more help, hit me up on an IM program. My info is in PROFILE.

Good luck.

ok thanks for the help ill try out tomorow

Hey Mountainman, cool website! Where do you jump in Ohio?

mountainman read PM

Originally posted by brianosmi
    Hey Mountainman, cool website! Where do you jump in Ohio?
    My home DZ is actually Richmond, IN. The closest to me would be Grand Lake skydiving and the 2nd would be Xenia (SGC).

Do you jump ?

i poasted a possibly helpful reply to a dreamweaver post earlier do a search... but as said you need to set up your website in dreamweaver a more or less clone it on your HD for upload via your web spaces FTP

ииии

ииии