Thread: anyone ever buy a car over ebay?

anyone ever buy a car over ebay?

I'm wondering beacuse some cars here are well below retail prices and it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy one and save some bucks! But of course, its very risky....

anyone had success doing this?

*Insert Mark Mitsubishi joke*

I haven't bought any, but I've sold several on ebay. I just sold 2 motors. One guy from Arkansas and the other from Texas. It can be tricky...just depends on how honest the seller is being on the mechanical aspect of it.

My brother bought three cars of e-bay. All went flawlessly. Of course check the persons rating level before you buy it. If you pay for it and never receive the car, you would have a good case in court. Paypal shows the evidence of payments.

I would be worried about the condition.

Well just make sure you talk to the guy a few times, and to make sure, write out a written contract with the terms that you expect to be met in it. That will save you alot of legal trouble JUST in case.

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    I sold one on eBay and our dealership does it all the time.

Like was said earlier ... just make sure you get as much information as possible BEFORE you bid.

If the seller is TRUE BLUE (like our dealership) they will let you back out if upon inspection everything was not on the up and up.

You may not get that guarantee in the original ad ... but if you email the seller and ask and he okays that ... then you now have that in your email so you have proof.

Like was also said get their phone number and talk to them extensively about it. If they are not out to beat you ... they will be more then happy to talk live to you.

The car I sold on there was a 1951 Chevy Lorider and the sale was flawless. The buyer asked me some questions and I sent as many different angle pics as I could. There was no surprise when he got here to pick it up.

LAST ... BUT NOT LEAST ... check their feedback. That can make or break a sale for me.
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Originally posted by TrevGlas
    Well just make sure you talk to the guy a few times, and to make sure, write out a written contract with the terms that you expect to be met in it. That will save you alot of legal trouble JUST in case.
    Good idea

Yea I got a program that has ANY legally binding contract already filled out, you can change it to suit your needs :P. From lawsuits, to change of title, etc etc.

Venge This!
    Good bit of info. NEVER BUY FROM A DEALER ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always call the person and make friendship. Then ask for High resolution pics of almost EVERYTHING!
    Rob