Thread: Today's Sunrise

Today's Sunrise

Oct. 14,2003...........

View them here

What camera are you using? There's lots of lens flare and they look fuzzy. Otherwise they would have been some awesome shots. Maybe something happened in the resizing?
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

It's a Pentax Optio 330, yeah I was a little disapointed with how they turned out, they pretty much look like crap....to bad cause it was an awesome sunrise.

Any suggestions for next time or is it the camera?

Broke
    Originally posted by cybotron r_9
    It's a Pentax Optio 330, yeah I was a little disapointed with how they turned out, they pretty much look like crap....to bad cause it was an awesome sunrise.

Taken From Steves Digicam reviews

Overall the image quality is very good. The lens produces sharp images and the autofocus
    is fairly quick in average lighting. There will be times when you'll want to use the
    Spot-AF as the camera can focus on something behind your subject if it has more contrast.
    When shooting outdoor scenics you need to switch to center-weighted metering to avoid
    under-exposured foreground subjects if there's a lot of bright sky in the frame. Image
    saturation and contrast can be adjusted to suit your taste but it can often be difficult
    to judge on the small LCD screen, especially when you're out in the bright light.

Originally posted by cybotron r_9

From Chris' quote it's probably not the camera, unless something is wrong with it. What method did you use to resize the photos? That was my first suspect problem. What res were they shot at? Does the webshots site resize photos?
    We Remember...
    9|11

Thanks Chris, I will try some different settings, always forget to play with the other buttons besides the shoot button

Dakota, they were taken at highest res. 2048-1536 and they were not resized, webshots doesn't resize them. I probably need to work on different settings. Thanks for the advice now or in the future.....

Now I see where you can click for the full-size image...Duh! Check ISO settings. They look grainy, hence the perceived fuzziness. I'll play with one of these this evening in Photoshop and see what I can do with it. Maybe nothing, but it's worth a try.
    We Remember...
    9|11