Thread: Cable Modem help

MadTrap347

Cable Modem help

Hi, i have a problem. I can't connect to www.google.com and i cant search on yahoo, msn or any other search engines. I think it broke right after i used the TCP Optimizer and tried to ping www.google.com and it didnt ping it <------ request timed out. I believe right after that, it broke down and all my other search engines. I tried to optimized all of the settings but it still wont work. This has happened before as i couldnt goto www.yahoomail.com (I didnt have TCP Optimizer that time btw). The only solution i had was reformatting my computer but i dont want to do it that way this time. Is there any way i can fix this problem with the TCP Optimizer or in any Interent Control Options? Btw, i don't think its a MTU problem because my brother's computer could connect to google and only my computer cant on the network... I need these search engines to do my project!!!! i'll appreciate any help that follows.

You didn't break anything, this is a new problem occuring that is either spyware or a trojan. Please follow what I posted here and see if it fixes the problem.

MadTrap347
    i did everything and it still doesnt work. I didnt detect any trojan and i did all the spyware things.

I have adelphia cable modem and win XP

When the step of 2. Flush your DNS resolver, start - run and type ipconfig /flushdns... i did that but all it did was flash the msdos windows.. is that right?

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    that sounds right my guess is adelphia is having dns server issues it's a known promblem with them.
    Comptia a+ n+

Blog Entries
    Check to see if you have a hosts file in the C:\windows\help directory that is redirecting the search engine sites. If you do and it's like what I was running into, just rename it something like hosts.old or hosts.bak and reboot...

Also, take a look at this thread: http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...hreadid=126780 and let us know if the symptoms you're getting are what we're seeing as well...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by mnosteele52
    You didn't break anything, this is a new problem occuring that is either spyware or a trojan. Please follow what I posted here and see if it fixes the problem.

Good information there
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

See if this helps... http://206.204.212.69/avcenter/venc/...an.qhosts.html

I had to also go to network properties and repair the dns settings there on my uncles computer...
    Never take any crap off an inanimate object!!

Never send email to this address: spam@euclidian.com. This is a spam trap and everyone sending any email to this address will be blacklisted.

smcfar2000
    check out panda virus alerts about TROJAN Hotay.A Sounds like it