Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Burke finally gets some home stereo stuff!

  1. #1
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,514

    Burke finally gets some home stereo stuff!

    Nothing too astonishing, but I needed some speakers and whatnot since I'm getting into DVDs quite heavily now, so with a budget and my brother's assistance, I picked up some stuff. I haven't gotten a center channel or surround speakers yet...and the big purchase will come in a few months (de uber plasma), so I'm-uh savin' for that. Hooked it all up tonight and it's really awesome...a HUGE improvement over the TV's stock speakers!

    Sony DVPNS725P Progressive Scan DVD Player



    Sony STRED595 Receiver



    Pioneer SH453FK Floorstanding Speakers



    Velodyne 12" Subwoofer


  2. #2
    Morterator Immortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Posts
    22,670
    Looks good and if I remember correctly you're sort of a movie review/buff or something eh?

    get some pics when it's all assembled...

  3. #3
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,514
    Originally posted by Immortal
    Looks good and if I remember correctly you're sort of a movie review/buff or something eh?

    get some pics when it's all assembled...
    It's all in, did it tonight. Hahaha...but I have no digicam anymore. Guess I should schedule a new one in after all this other stuff.

  4. #4
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Nice! No SACD/DVD-A player? For a few dollars more, Pioneer has a progressive player that can also decode SACD/DVD-A....around $180 I believe..

  5. #5
    Morterator Immortal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Posts
    22,670
    Originally posted by Burke
    It's all in, did it tonight. Hahaha...but I have no digicam anymore. Guess I should schedule a new one in after all this other stuff.
    Yah should then you can watch all the star trek in high def and surround.. soon.

    By any chance did u catch today's enterprise episode? It's a yawner but at least next episode seems good..

  6. #6
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,514
    Originally posted by downhill
    Nice! No SACD/DVD-A player? For a few dollars more, Pioneer has a progressive player that can also decode SACD/DVD-A....around $180 I believe..
    Nah...I'm going to try and stay content with my old-timey, antiquated regular plain-ol' CDs.

  7. #7
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    If the sound engineers do a decient job of transcribing analog to digital....CD's can be very good....

  8. #8
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,514
    Originally posted by downhill
    If the sound engineers do a decient job of transcribing analog to digital....CD's can be very good....
    I really can't tell the difference...40% deaf in the right ear and 10% deaf in the left. It all sounds partially muted.

  9. #9
    Senior Member fastchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    6,963
    Cool Burke....I bet you're lovin it.

    I remember a year or so ago when we got our Yamaha surround put together...OMG....it's so awesome. Someone can be upstairs in the kitchen or dining room and feel the bass

  10. #10
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    Originally posted by Burke
    I really can't tell the difference...40% deaf in the right ear and 10% deaf in the left. It all sounds partially muted.
    Ya sure your not married.

    Nice equipment btw.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    9,055
    why no digital camera?
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

  12. #12
    Certified SG Addict Brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    42,163
    Originally posted by Burke
    I really can't tell the difference...40% deaf in the right ear and 10% deaf in the left. It all sounds partially muted.
    don't feel bad, i'm 100% deaf in my left ear, i can only hear out of my right

    i don't hear in stereo


    nice stuff though, have fun with it
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

  13. #13
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,514
    Originally posted by Brent
    don't feel bad, i'm 100% deaf in my left ear, i can only hear out of my right

    i don't hear in stereo


    nice stuff though, have fun with it
    Hello, fellow partial-deafy!

    Let Sarah Michelle massage those half-usable Vulcan ears of yours!

  14. #14
    SG Enthusiast Hopeful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,207
    What a show crossover that would be!
    Originally posted by Burke
    eBay is like Terra Eleven, a vast wasteland that not even Peter Strauss could tame.
    P IV Processor 2.4 gHZ, ECS p4 motherboard, Windows XP, 512 MB of Ram, Radeon 9500 Pro, 60 GB WD HD, 20 GB IBM HD, Verbatim CDRW,

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •