Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SpeedGuide Rides...post 'em!

Cool SpeedGuide Rides...post 'em!

Reading striderf1's post about his Rover reminded me that some of us are also into things automotive--drag racing, NASCAR, Formula One, SCCA, Grand Prix--or even just fixing up the car to look good.

Any other computer geek/gearheads out there? Post your rides/bikes!

[ 04-16-2001: Message edited by: ghost ]

damn pretty nice ghost

too bad it's
    #1 A chevy
    #2 LOVES Gas

tekelberry

Heres our family's 2:

1996 Chevy Suburban

2000 Cadillac DeVille

Soon to be:

2001 Volvo S60 (possibly)

Thumbs up

That's what I'm talking about
    Volvo
    (they KNOW how to make cars unlike americans)
    flame away @ my statement ppls

SS Impala, nice ride, too bad gas is gonna be about 2 bucks a gallon(here at least) this summer. I guess that 2 bucks is relative, just add about 60 cents to what you are paying right now per gallon.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Wink

Originally posted by balakov10:
    damn pretty nice ghost

too bad it's
    #1 A chevy
    #2 LOVES Gas
    Thank you! I do all the work myself (except the trans, which I leave to the pros).

Interesting that you put Chevy in the #1 position, LOL!! Hey, there are a lot of great cars out there....you don't like Chevies? That's cool. What do you like?

BTW, I get 18 around town and 24 on the highway....not bad for a 4500-pound car with a V8! Each of us has something that we spend our money on, right? With me, other than my son, it's the car & gas!

ghost

Originally posted by balakov10:
    That's what I'm talking about
    Volvo
    (they KNOW how to make cars unlike americans)
    flame away @ my statement ppls
    No flames about opinions with cars, bro. Volvo has come a long way in the design department, and their latest offerings are great-looking cars! They're not much on speed, compared to Domestic muscle (Camaro, Mustang, Vette, Viper), but they're two different types of cars. The Volvo has decent speed & handling and is very safe and comfortable. A well-rounded car.

For the ultimate in all-out, full-on, no holds barred speed, you can't beat an American V8. One look at NHRA or IHRA should convince you.

ghost

lol......I spend between 40 & 80 bucks/week on gas in my 351 windsor 1 ton van...more when I tow my boat.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Talking

Originally posted by evil brembo:
    SS Impala, nice ride....[edited]
    Actually, it's a Caprice. My version of the little-known Caprice SS that Chevy made. Thanks!

ghost

I like mainly german cars, since I'm german.

But Japanese/and other European cars are cool too..

I just don't like american cars too much.
    The only thing I like about some of them is the designs.,,

Pretty Sweet car Ghost, I have not see too many of them around.

JuNo

Cars. Heh. WHo needs them...

Oh yeah. I forgot. I love cars! Anyway, I own two websites: http://www.bluelagoonjetta.com and my car club's website at: http://www.jettaownersclub.org

I have been a motorsports fan my entire life, but especially the open wheelers (CART, especially). I am co-creator and former Editor of http://www.speedcenter.com and had very cool media passes for a year to CART races...That got me to some awesome places with the drivers, their teams, etc. Sat around and yakked with the big names and interviewed a few. (Andretti, Unser, Fittipaldi, Pruett, Papis, Tracy, etc etc...) Not to mention very close to the cars going VERY fast. Awesome/scary stuff there when a car flies by less thn 3 feet away from you at 200-plus mph. WOW!

So, yeah. Cars are kinda cool.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

dad's car:

2001 Ford Expidition XLT triton v8

moms car:

2001 honda civic EX 4 door.

my car: Hope fully a 2000 toyota celica, when im 16
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Weapons of Ass Destruction"

Hey ghost(and other gearheads) i see that u do ur own work, well i am wondering, 91 camero, gutted front, how big of a badass can i fit there, looks like a 400 would barely make it... may trade my 89 firebird w/ broken trans for it, has a 4 banger under the hood cuz the guy wrecked the engine, but a nice tranny taht has only been used recently aw/ a kit and a perfect body, the firebird is dented in some places, also the camero has no brakes and tires(yokohomas) and it looks sweet, its pearl black too.

He's willing to trade cuz he has the trany for my car and loves my engine, so, ideas, opinions?

Originally posted by junoman:
    Pretty Sweet car Ghost, I have not see too many of them around.

JuNo
    Thanks! The Caprice SS was an export-only car to parts of the Middle East. It looks just like the Impala SS.

ghost

striderf1

Here's my ride:

My dad just got an Audi A8. Talk about a FAST car, we pull up to porsche boxters and bmw's and just blow them away, its really fun

except ours is black

and my mom drives a 97 tahoe LT

ghost, thats a sweet ride, do you have nitros in their? I bet that thing really moves!

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF:
    Hey ghost(and other gearheads) i see that u do ur own work, well i am wondering, 91 camero, gutted front, how big of a badass can i fit there, looks like a 400 would barely make it... may trade my 89 firebird w/ broken trans for it, has a 4 banger under the hood cuz the guy wrecked the engine, but a nice tranny taht has only been used recently aw/ a kit and a perfect body, the firebird is dented in some places, also the camero has no brakes and tires(yokohomas) and it looks sweet, its pearl black too.

He's willing to trade cuz he has the trany for my car and loves my engine, so, ideas, opinions?
    I'm not sure what you're trying to do....maybe it's just me being kinda retarded (I have court tomorrow). If you get the '91 Camaro, just get a 350, bore & stroke it to a 383, bulletproof the bottom end, run reasonable compression, add a blower with lots of pressure....you'll be into the 10's @ 130+ mph in the quarter-mile, if you can keep traction! Just make sure that the transmission can withstand all that horsepower--you'll need a specially-built trans for the job. Big bucks, just like the other stuff.

Tell me again what you have and what you want to do. I don't recall 4 bangers being in the F-bodies, just V8's & V6's. Maybe I'm wrong.

ghost

striderf1

ohh yea, here's a pic of my car, and my moms car is in the background

Hey Vegeto, I test drove one of those Celicas, was not that great, 180 hp I think not. My Integra would smoke it, I love how the Celica looks, bit was sorley let down on the performance end. Granted my car has some mods, but I was expecting lots from that VVTI engine. Handles like a dream tho. Dunno what else is out there for the price of the Celica, I'm a bit biased towards Acura, mine has 140,000 on it and all that has happend is it ate a exahust valve at 120,000. Celica is gonna be more reliable prolly. Might have been that the engine was not broken in properly, and it was a very hot day. My new goal is one of those WRX Imprezas, went and looked at one, ohhh man are they sweet. 23,950 base...26500 with all the go fast goodies. The base model is pretty stacked up anyways.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Ghost, as far as I'm concerned, that's one of the nicest ride's I've ever seen anyone post here. At least as far as one that's actually owned by the poster.

Nice car!!!

I've a 56 Ford F100. A 390 with 428 heads. this baby don't pass gas stations and I could care less. It's one fun ride and even at my age, a babe magnet. I'll post some pics sometime. I don't have any scanned in.

Cars I've owned and wish I still had.

A 1967 notch back Mustang. 289....simple but fun

And a 1966 Thunderbird. Maybe someday. Too many hobbies right now.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.