Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $100 to the sherlock that fixes this

I believe he was using hub to refer to the ubr...
    Never take any crap off an inanimate object!!

Never send email to this address: spam@euclidian.com. This is a spam trap and everyone sending any email to this address will be blacklisted.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by chpalmer
    I believe he was using hub to refer to the ubr...
    Nah, I don't think he's referring to the headend aspect of it...

If he's referring to between the computer and the modem, which is what seems to be implied, it sounds like there are multiple people hooked up to the modem there in the barracks. If that's the case, and others are on it while these tracerts are being conducted, it may throw the results out of whack (as was stated previously)...

I'm not discounting the possibility of an overcrowded node yet, but it'd be a lot nicer to have a couple of tracerts done from a computer hooked directly to the modem, as opposed to going thru a hub/switch/router/whatever...

i know its not my nic card because i have used usb and onboard and no change has happened.
    plus the tech brought a modem out and hooked his up and found no diffrence in the connection with his.
    any help is appreciated
    Did this tech hook it up directly to the modem?
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

wvexhale
    sorry for not replying in awhile guys.
    No i am not hooked up to a hub i was using a hub in refrence i guess to a node. the cable modem is hooked directly to my computer.
    As of right now they have not helped me one bit i call every day though and today it seems i got somewhere i emailed a manager some tracerts and chapel's tracerts for them to compare what i get and what i should get. i apreciate all the help you guys are giving me i think ill know tommorow more on what is going on.
    thank you
    eric rinker

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by wvexhale
    sorry for not replying in awhile guys.
    No i am not hooked up to a hub i was using a hub in refrence i guess to a node. the cable modem is hooked directly to my computer.
    As of right now they have not helped me one bit i call every day though and today it seems i got somewhere i emailed a manager some tracerts and chapel's tracerts for them to compare what i get and what i should get. i apreciate all the help you guys are giving me i think ill know tommorow more on what is going on.
    thank you
    eric rinker
    No problem...I stand corrected about the hub then.

Yeah, if they're getting the same results on the tech's laptop as they are with your computer, and the signal checks out coming into the modem, then it sounds like it could be node related. The signal levels in your original post indicate a clean RF signal, so with the hub/router confusion out of the way, I'd have to concur with the others about the possibility it being a node issue...

Start doing tracerts on a daily basis and email them to whoever you can in the local chain of command for your isp. Keep at them until they get it fixed...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

wvexhale

unsolved mystery

Well guys this is going to unsolved mystery's....after much thought about leaving my so devoted isp ROADRUNNER after 2wks of service im sad to day i canceled my account. i will truly miss there wonderful customer service (not). I am willing to bet it is the node and that they don't want to fix it. The manager was like "your in the barrecks with a business install" basicly trying to find a way out of meeting there business install's speed requirments. Last i heard they where "checking" into the situation. These have to be the fatest ppl in the us because everytime i call they are "out for lunch". wow.
    So I called up sprint who is our contracted ppl for phone service and ordered a dsl. I would be extremly happy about this but the down flaw of it is they offer one speed 350down and 350up. sweet upload speed but i just hope these speeds are enouph to let me play half-life counter strike with a ping under 100. you guys think it will be fast enouph? Well if no one knows ill tell ya the answer tommorow. It is only taking them 48 hours to install !
    So far there customer service sounds great.
    Thanks for all the help and answers to many of my questions guys it is well appreciated and i have learnt alot about cable bandwidth through it all ....so atleast something good came out of it.
    PFC. Rinker