Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any weird phobias?

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good

Do you have any weird phobias?

I have a slight phobia of telephones. Telephonophobia, I searched.

How about you folks? Or am I just ... special...

http://www.phobialist.com

I have a fear of burglary, not sure if it's in that list, though.
    © Copyright 2005, Brandon_k_W Inc. ® ™

Blog Entries
    Hi Immortal

I now suffer from " Phobia Immortalass! "

It is the Fear of opening one of your posts and finding a Picture of Your Naked Butt!

regards

minir

Cacophobia- Fear of ugliness

god damn, I have 2 fears.. wonder where the word originated?

It originated from latin of course, phobia meaning fear and caco is the sound the guy was making when he was choking on his puke when he saw that thing...

I have a fear of the drain at the bottom of pools. I know its weird, but thats me, heh. So I have problems swiming over or diving under and swiming in the deep end of pools where the drain is, especially in big pools.

I also use to have a fear of antennas, like TV. But I got over that, that was when i was in my single digits.

I still do have a fear of things that are under water though, but only if those things are like above water and then go into it. For example piers, they have wood that goes down into the bottom of the sea bed, I have a fear of seeing the underwater part of the pier. Basically anything that is part above and below water, I'm afraid of the part below water. Also like the bottoms of boats, I have a fear about looking at the bottom of a boat from within the water.

And deep water in general.

Neat thread Immy
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

I have a fear of driving across long tall bridges.

Hanging out with Prince Albert Needlefreak's Avatar
    Lotta years back I was starving and there was nothing to eat but a loaf of rasinbread...Toasted and ate several slices over the next several minutes,as I got to the last few slices I pulled them out the package only to see the bottom was covered in blue mold!!Got sicker than all hell just thinking bout what I had eaten...To this day I cannot eat bread without looking over every inch of it and if it even smells slightly off it's out the door...

I have a fear of moderating............

Originally posted by downhill
    I have a fear of moderating............
    You'll be alright, I promise.

I have a fear of Doctors and Hospitals!!!!

Broke
    I think I will now have a Phobia about using Routers { of the woodworking kind )

But I hope not.

I have looked at it and picked it up with my good hand but I don't know if I'll ever be able to turn it on again

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Vertigo? isn't that some sort of cream for yeast infection?

I don't get it..

I have a fear of maniquins. Ever since I was little, looking at them I freak out. They just sit there and stare...like they are laughing inside at you and could kill you if they wanted. There was this manqiun movie from the early 80's where they came to life and killed people, I dont remember what it was called and havent seen it in YEARS, anyone remember? Their heads were on some shelf if I remember and they started going "BAHHHHHH" in a singing type voice, like their mouths dropped open, FREE KEY!

Originally posted by wee96
    I have a fear of maniquins. Ever since I was little, looking at them I freak out. They just sit there and stare...like they are laughing inside at you and could kill you if they wanted. There was this manqiun movie from the early 80's where they came to life and killed people, I dont remember what it was called and havent seen it in YEARS, anyone remember? Their heads were on some shelf if I remember and they started going "BAHHHHHH" in a singing type voice, like their mouths dropped open, FREE KEY!
    I can relate. I fear some of those dolls, clowns and maniquins too.. scary as hell... hehe..

Major fear of heights. Also have a fear of growing old alone

I have a fear of failure and a fear of using public toilets urinals are ok.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    Originally posted by Immortal
    Vertigo? isn't that some sort of cream for yeast infection?

I don't get it..

I guess I worded that wrong ... guess I should have said HEIGHTS.

I get vertigo whenever I am in a high place and take a peak down.
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

disabled account
    Acrophobia.....
    I also have a unusal fear of physical humiliation. Hence, I will not use a urinal next to axtrader....

shant,
    david
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Originally posted by nepenthe
    Acrophobia.....
    I also have a unusal fear of physical humiliation. Hence, I will not use a urinal next to axtrader....

shant,
    david
    Eh? Why? Would he cry?

disabled account
    Originally posted by downhill
    Eh? Why? would he cry?
    Tears of laughter.....
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.