Thread: Best Motherboard?

Best Motherboard?

What do you think is a good motherboard for a general purporse computer. I was looking at the Abit KD7A as a decent low end Board.....comments or other suggestions?
    PS: He wont be overclocking or anything.
    Thanx

I guess first we need to know what cpu you want to use, i'm guessing by the choice of a kd7a you want to go athlon xp?
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Yep sorry He already has an Athlon XP2400 that his brother gave him. Trying to keep it cheep...I donated a case...the family dont have a lot of money and the kids really should have a computer to learn on.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I'd snag an nForce2 mobo. Built in sound, built in video, built in LAN.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Thumbs up

Nothing beats Asus..
    ...If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap,why didn't he just buy dinner???..

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    I'd snag an nForce2 mobo. Built in sound, built in video, built in LAN.
    agreed
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

i am running a biostar M&NCD pro that i got in a PC i bought used and it seems very stable and overclocks not to bad for me.

running the barton 2500 @ 192 x 11, 24/7 folding and have had it higher just messing around.

not sure how much they cost but i am sure they are inexpensive
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~Vega64~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~4TB storage~6.4TB-ioMemorycard~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats

I've built 5 or 6 machines with this board, and I love it for the money.

You can get it at Newegg for $66.
    When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?

Originally posted by WhoNut
    I've built 5 or 6 machines with this board, and I love it for the money.

You can get it at Newegg for $66.
    for shear price that's my vote too, but you can get an nforce2 board with onboard gf4mx video and sound for $99 from newegg as well. it's the Albatron brand and i have build several systems with it myself and have had 0 issues with it.

Thanks for the replies...I went with the A7N266 from Asus...should be in this week will let you know how it works out
    Thanx

Idolized Industry Killer §I€MFKR™'s Avatar
    GA-7NNXP
    nForce2 Ultra400 chipset

This is bad.

GA-7NNXP is the supreme platform for latest AMD Athlon XP 400MHz FSB processor. Powered by the revolutionary NVIDIA nForce™2 Ultra 400 platform processors and industry cutting edge technology, this platform delivers new levels of performance and functionality for today¡¦s most demanded tasks. The nForce™2 platform processors not only carries the new generation architecture consisting of dual channel DDR controller and AGP8X graphics interface, but also integrates the innovative Dynamic adaptive speculative pre-processor (DASP) and HyperTransport Technology to boost the overall system performance. The nForce™2 media and communications processor-turbo (MCP-T) provides full communication suite of Dual LAN, IEEE 1394, and USB2.0 interface for full range of connectivity. The Dolby Digital 3D (AC-3) audio is also furnished for a true cinematic experience. In addition, Serial ATA and IDE RAID provide superior input/output performance and data protection to the system. Gigabyte patented Dual Power System (DPS) further enhances the computing power and system stability. GA-7NNXP will definitely deliver the uppermost platform with unprecedented computing power and rock-solid stability.

The Info Link
    Last edited by PãradØxDêit¥™; 09-22-03 at 12:18 PM.
    Bone, Brain, And Co*k
    Silence For My Revelry