Thread: What store would be most likely to get HL2 first?

SG Enthusiast

Exclamation What store would be most likely to get HL2 first?

What store would be most likely to get HL2 first?

Gamestop and EB, if you preorder you are guarantee to get it day it suppose to come out

but i never preoder, because there are always a million copies on the shelf even if it is a hot game, but maybe for HL2 I might preoroder just in case.

SG Enthusiast
    http://www.electronicboutique.com/eb...uct/235059.asp

hmm, eb says pre-orders ship 11/19... definitly not gunna wait that long...

Originally posted by OptKing
    http://www.electronicboutique.com/eb...uct/235059.asp

hmm, eb says pre-orders ship 11/19... definitly not gunna wait that long...
    that is probably not the date if anything most of the times they are way off and it is longer, so we might not see it until end of november

when it comes out eb and gamestop will have it in no doubt about it

Re: What store would be most likely to get HL2 first?

Originally posted by OptKing
    What store would be most likely to get HL2 first?
    Stores tend to have all of the new releases at the same time. Regardless of what one site says, unless it's some sort of exclusive deal, they'll all get it at the same time. Do you honestly think that EB wouldn't make a fuss if GameStop got the game a week early (and vice versa)?

The rare exceptions tend to be when a store breaks the street date (ie, selling it before they're supposed to), which stores are usually "punished" for.

some stores don't get the title in till later though

its hard to find a store that has it in the DAY it is released

that is what this post is about, which store will have it in the DAY its released
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

SG Enthusiast
    Originally posted by Brent

that is what this post is about, which store will have it in the DAY its released

Think i'd have a better chance just goin to the mall at opening and waiting untill they get their shipment? My mall has Babbages and EB, so theres a good chance they'll have it... i'm gunna buy three... just cause I love Valve so much

eb and gamestop are only stores that i know promise to have it day it release,

all others get it when they get it well in NY area

Certified SG Addict
    Give it.....three weeks after the release date. You'll have a nice patch or two to smooth everything out.

And again, for the most part, any if one store in your area has it the DAY of its release, the others should have it as well. As far as who will have it FIRST (ie, 10am instead of 11am), you'll have to check with each store as to when they usually get their shipments.

SG Enthusiast
    Think you could get it about the same time if you pre-order it and have it overnighted? or would it get there the next day? That'd kick ass if newegg got it the day it came out, overnight plus rush shipment, it takes 8 hours max to get here...

Originally posted by Jim
    And again, for the most part, any if one store in your area has it the DAY of its release, the others should have it as well. As far as who will have it FIRST (ie, 10am instead of 11am), you'll have to check with each store as to when they usually get their shipments.
    it doesn't work out like that though, believe me

i'm always up there the day of title releases, and not all stores have them, some get them in a day or two or three or sometimes even a week later then some others
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

it doesn't work out like that though, believe me

i'm always up there the day of title releases, and not all stores have them, some get them in a day or two or three or sometimes even a week later then some others
    If that's the case, the somebody isn't doing their job. As I said, if Gamestop was getting a game on its release day, but EB was getting it a week later, don't you think the EB (district) manger would be on the phone trying to figure out wtf is going on? Unless its an obscure title that few people even know about, let alone are waiting for, stores should have it at the same time.

And if that really is the situation for your area, I guess the best you can do is start making some phone calls on the release date.

Gamestop had my xbox at my doorstep a day before it came out.