Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: miniteams

lonewolfz28,

hey man are you a politician? you got a way with words ya know

-lance
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

Originally posted by lonewolfz28
    I like smooching LT's chops and getting return licks from him.
    Damn team of freaks I tell ya

I just got a chance to read this entire thread. YOS, you can't leave! That would be a pretty hard hit to us all. This is your virtual home here man! I love spending time here and I know you do too, so why give up what you love?

Personally, I fold for my Uncle that died at 41 of colon cancer.

Jim.
    The more I drink, the less I care.

Folding Thunder
    Originally posted by Humboldt

No bull, I shot 7&7 out of my nose over that one.

I'm reading down all of these philosophical replies and then I read this and it didn't dawn on me until I reread the quote. Nice!

Don't want to make Tigress jealous so LT and I'll have to quit swappin' slobber and get back to smackin' jowls.
    Back on the attack!

No bull, I shot 7&7 out of my nose over that one.

I'm reading down all of these philosophical replies and then I read this and it didn't dawn on me until I reread the quote. Nice!

Don't want to make Tigress jealous so LT and I'll have to quit swappin' slobber and get back to smackin' jowls.
    Just trying to lighten things up a bit, heh.

Hell, LT turns me on too, especially in that new gimp suit.

Originally posted by sitosterol
    I just got a chance to read this entire thread. YOS, you can't leave! That would be a pretty hard hit to us all. This is your virtual home here man! I love spending time here and I know you do too, so why give up what you love?

Personally, I fold for my Uncle that died at 41 of colon cancer.

Jim.
    That's as tough of a way to go as any Jim. I watched my ex-fiancee's uncle wither away from colon cancer. I was a pall bearer at his funeral and at her mothers two weeks later. I wore my service dress in honor of them both.

YoS, you really ought to rethink this. You have the utmost respect from everyone here, including myself. Your leaving made me really question what I was doing here and consider taking my future production and posts elsewhere.

A couple of previous PM's and current posts from others along with how much I like this place and team have reinforced my will to stay and continue adding to the SG output. (now if I can get that dang drill to finish the new duallie ) Albeit, that output will be via the Fat Dogs subteam, but it will be output towards Speedguide and more importantly, Stanford.

That's output that was on indefinite hold on my old team as of mid July due to heat and electrical bill considerations. It took the subteams here to spark my interest to the point that I'm willing to make the extra sacrifice. I'm already doing enough to salve my conscience, this is just extra because those around me have spurred my interest. That that interest has diminished yours distresses me.
    Back on the attack!

LT just turns me on, that new gimp suit is the shiznet.
    Payback's a biatch and I married her sister.
    Back on the attack!

Hanging out with Prince Albert Needlefreak's Avatar
    Payback's a biatch and I married her sister.
    pics

Originally posted by Needlefreak
    pics
    I don't think any survived the post-divorce bonfires.
    Back on the attack!

I don't think any survived the post-divorce bonfires.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    I just dont like the way its headed, doesnt have the friendly compettion feel, i have shut all rigs off and this will be my last post in this forum.

adios
    That's a bummer to read that YoS.

The teams thing doesn't bother me, I've often wished way back Dave's World and I could have combined...but I'd lose all my current points. Both of us. It'd be like starting over.

To me it's like "What's the diff...SG team overall is still getting the points...and ultimately Stamford is getting the data".

The teams thing can be benificial is helping those who don't have access to a lot of computers get a "feel for the competition" and see something higher up in the ranks that their "running solo" wouldn't give them. Not everybody is lucky enough to gain access to many computers, so this is a good vehicle for them to have some fun in the stats.

I'm in the same boat as you YoS, I managed to get a lucky break and climb up unbelievably quickly, due to that big purchase from a customer of ours. But that's done, and gone, and back to reality for me, as I'll slowly but surely slip out of the top 10 again.

But I'm watching an aunt of mine quickly lose the battle to cancer...so I'm not gonna stop folding.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I'm new here but I've had a few experiences with other projects, other teams and sub-teams. In Distributed Folding with AMDMB I had a pretty good competition with another sub-team called The Spankin Party. They were crunching SETI as well but sure had a lot of fire power. We changed ranking back and forth and it was pretty fun. After that I joined their team for the main purpose of concentrating power since I don't have a lot of machines and they're shifting their powers to DF anyway.

Another example was with systemcooling in F@H. Some monkee (lone knows ) crunched partically for me to help me surprise a big cruncher over there. It's all about fun.

I really don't think the sub-teams are an insult. A lot of people do combine forces but just don't call themselves a "sub-team." I mean, I use my friends' computers to crunch too. Afterall, it does bring a sense of competition to people. Some people don't have a lot of machines so they can't really compete with other big crunchers. By combining powers together, small crunchers like myself (not saying those ppl joined the sub-team are all small crunchers) can have some fun at competing.

Ultimately it's all about having fun and give points to your team. I hope you change your mind.