Thread: di-604 f/w upgrade malfunction

avalonxe

di-604 f/w upgrade malfunction

I have a Di-604 router. A few hours I upgraded from F/W 2.18 to 2.20. The upgrade itself didnt complete correctly, and since then my router has completely been resetting itself every 2-3 minutes.

Is there any way I can retrieve my retrieve and reuse the older version of the F/W I have?

I've tried resetting thru the button in the back, powering on and off the router, and re-dling and trying to reinstall the new F/W. Each time, the installation sequence does not complete but leads to a "Page cannot be loaded" screen.

I called DLink tech service and the guy didnt seem too interested and just suggested I get the entire router replaced. The whole RMA procedure sounds long and tiresome, and I'm headed back to school soon and I need to bring and use this router.

Help!!!

Ps> I've been reading some forums about routers.. what exactly does "flashing your router" mean?

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    Comptia a+ n+

avalonxe
    this link has F/W for the dlink router that uses a different H/W version...

Re: di-604 f/w upgrade malfunction

Originally posted by avalonxe
    I have a Di-604 router. A few hours I upgraded from F/W 2.18 to 2.20. The upgrade itself didnt complete correctly, and since then my router has completely been resetting itself every 2-3 minutes.

Is there any way I can retrieve my retrieve and reuse the older version of the F/W I have?

I've tried resetting thru the button in the back, powering on and off the router, and re-dling and trying to reinstall the new F/W. Each time, the installation sequence does not complete but leads to a "Page cannot be loaded" screen.

I called DLink tech service and the guy didnt seem too interested and just suggested I get the entire router replaced. The whole RMA procedure sounds long and tiresome, and I'm headed back to school soon and I need to bring and use this router.

Help!!!

Ps> I've been reading some forums about routers.. what exactly does "flashing your router" mean?
    Same thing happen here too, from upgrade 1.8 to 2.2, router restart every 30 sec, all I did was flash back to 1.8 and all fine.
    Samsung 760v TFT @ 1280 X 1024 32 bit
    Lian-Li PC67 with 2 80mm U1A / 2 HD cooler intake and 1 80mm H1A / 1 80mm ADDA exhaust
    NF7-S v2.0 (BIOS 18) (SATA 10033) (nforce pack 2.45) AS2 on NB Heat sink on SB
    Alpha PAL 8045 with Thermaltake Smart Fan (blowing away from HS)
    XP2500+ Barton/AQXEA (9) 0323/11X200/AS2/Vcore 1.725/DDR 2.6/Chipset 1.7/Agp 1.5/Idle 36/Load 51
    Mushkin blk lvlII DDR3200 2X256MB 11-2-2-2 DC
    IDE 1 master Plextor CDRW 24X
    IDE 2 master Sony DRU510A DVD+/- r/rw CDRW
    Sata Raid 2X IBM 60GB GXP60
    Sony Floppy
    ATI Radeon 8500 128MB DDR (retail) Infineon 3.6ns @ 275/275 BlueORB/RamSink CATALYST™ 3.6
    PCI 3 ATA 100 PCI card WD SE 80GB/Zip100
    5X round ide cable
    Sparkle 400w with 1 80mm U1A fan
    On cable modem and Dlink DI-614+ router with speed patch
    Windows XP pro (NTFS)(SP1)

3Dmark2001se 12300

smorgas76

Wink

I've been hearing alot about this update to 2.20.People having lots of trouble with it I personally haven't upgraded yet.I guess I'll wait to see what the fix is gonna be.I mean why do you absoulelty have to upgrade.

avalonxe

Re: Re: di-604 f/w upgrade malfunction

Originally posted by CBR900RR
    Same thing happen here too, from upgrade 1.8 to 2.2, router restart every 30 sec, all I did was flash back to 1.8 and all fine.
    How do you flash back to 1.8?

(thanks in advance...)

burn666
    unplug the power and press the reset button,always hold the reset when you plug the power and hold 10 sec
    important! hold always the reset during this
    sorry for my english im french lol
    Last edited by burn666; 08-20-03 at 07:11 PM.