Thread: Any News on Mid U.S.A to West Coast power outages? Sound off...

Blog Entries

Exclamation Any News on Mid U.S.A to West Coast power outages? Sound off...

Check your News, don't know whats going on, yet.
    All Major cites North East U.S.A. without power... Very strange.

Trying to get more info on any news Mid to West coast power outages...

Thanks.

Do ya think its some kind of terrorist thing. I am normally not one of those that says its terriorist activities, but its awful weird.
    I am awesome.

Blog Entries
    No one knows for sure, the only thing that I heard is that one of the major power stations caught fire / blew up... but that hear say...

Hear some people say that mid and west coast is out to, trying to confirm...

any one???????

tks.

A ok here in Idaho....

It's all over the news....seems it's only the Northeast....

Wow...Enron has a very long reach...
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

were ok in northern Cinci so far. its kinda scarey
    I am awesome.

Blog Entries
    tks, now we just need some status of the western states...

it's not the power being out that bothers me... it not know why, for sure....

tks for your replies...

Originally posted by Shinobi
    tks, now we just need some status of the western states...

it's not the power being out that bothers me... it not know why, for sure....

tks for your replies...

Thanks for letting me know that Idaho isn't out west......I been sweating that for sometime now...
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

West coast is fine, well as good as it ever is.

We try and distance ourselves from you DH

Originally posted by De Plano
    West coast is fine, well as good as it ever is.
    Yep everything good here better then 2 summers ago o the horror.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Originally posted by downhill
    Thanks for letting me know that Idaho isn't out west......I been sweating that for sometime now...
    LOL no you are a western state, midwest does not want Idaho. Just keep those french fries coming
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Oh, and it wasn't a fire or explosin at the power plant. At least according to Dan (Rather). Just a power outage. Hmm I should drive my generator out there and make some $$

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the posts all, be safe, be alert...

and be cool if you lose power in the hot summer sun, i feel bad for all those people

No power out here in Indy either, local news says we should not be affected at all. However, Some places in Chicago are out and some north-eastern parts of Ohio etc.

The news reports it is not terrorist activity (as far as can be told). They do have all of the generators available running it sounds like but NYC is totally screwed!!! it is even hard to drive on the highways etc due to all of the would be subway/rail car riders that are on foot trying to get to their destinations.

It is hard to get extra fuel for the generators that are running and currently there are still people trapped in elevators, subways, etc. Pretty much if it runs on electricity in NYC they are SOL.

One news station is running low on fuel for it's generator and may go off the air until power is restored.

-lance
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

all of southern and eastern ontario is out...however quebec is not...so all the bastards that are across the river, in hull quebec have power grrrr..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

Originally posted by nightowl
    all of southern and eastern ontario is out...however quebec is not...so all the bastards that are across the river, in hull quebec have power grrrr..........
    Ottawa is out too.
    Observe everything...focus on nothing..

Originally posted by downhill
    LOL :2cool:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

DH were do you guys get your power--we have a dam up here and it runs power all the way down to CA.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Originally posted by jeremyboycool
    DH were do you guys get your power--we have a dam up here and it runs power all the way down to CA.
    Ahh so your the bastards that screwed us! jk

Originally posted by jeremyboycool
    Most the power grids in the West are tied together....Idaho must have 9 or so damns on the Snake river that produce a huge amount of power....as well as a few natural gas generators....

Idaho Power is a sub of Bonneville power, I believe....

Anyone remember them blackouts the whole west was experiencing a couple of years ago? Most were caused by automatic disconnects in the grid when one area was overloaded....causing the rest to go.....Some fixes have been placed to help out with that. My guess is that when all the studies are in, we'll see something of the same, in the Northwest....