Thread: need help finding a vcr

i hate you. no really. thechemgeek's Avatar

Question need help finding a vcr

i got my new aiw 9800 pro for my system and i want to digitize some old family vhs tapes. in the not to distance future i'm going to burn them to dvd or edit them...maybe some of both. either way, i'm looking for help in finding a "good" vcr that has both s-video output...as well as s-video input. i realize i can get a dvd burner and/or a vhs/dvd combo but right now all i want is a vcr. the main reason i want one with s-video input is because i'm prob going to have to put some of the edited videos back onto tape for those relatives that don't have dvd players and for some other projects i may be working on in the near future. i know i can just use the composite input....but i've been told that the s-video would look so much better. either way, i'm just look for some help. i plan on spending no more than about $150-180 for one. if there's anything else you think i should know, please...by all means comment on it. thanks!!!!

If you plan on keeping it in a Home Theater...then look for one with SVHS inputs on the front of the unit as well.....
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

hmm..... svideo on video tape....hmmm i just cant see it being any better than rca. i would try it b4 u buy it

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

If the original video tapes were not recorded to s-video, then you can s-video all you want, but are you gaining anything? I don't think it will improve the picture quality unless the original video was recorded in s-video format.
    I was looking for a vcr a little while back with both input an output for s-video and found a really nice one a Rex. I think it was about $100.
    If you have any questions about pushing your video out to the vcr once you get set up, just pm me. I have been working for some time now with the ati aiw 8500dv. Works great!