Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: help me spend 385 bucks

  1. #1
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003

    help me spend 385 bucks

    After counting all the change in my car and house i came to a grand total of 385 bucks(YEAH!!!).

    things i have:


    Asus P4T533-C mobo(w/nic/sound

    512 megs 1066 rdram

    P4 heatsink

    CD rom


    stuff i need:


    cpu

    case

    hdd





    Or is their an affordable way to get me going with a P4C system?

  2. #2
    Folding Thunder
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    New York The Empire State
    Posts
    10,543
    Tell ya what yos, give me the money, i'll spend it for ya getting a top-o-the line AMD rig. The bonus is you get to see my sledgehammer in action as i pulverize that (ugh) P4 of yours. Deal?


    I say go with a WD 120GB Hdd and a nice full tower Chieftec case.

    Now about the cpu, you know i don't know crap about "those" cpus, only AMD

  3. #3
    Fantastic Folder! lansens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,056
    Qty Product Item # Unit Price Qty x Price

    ANTEC LIFE STYLE SERIES SONATA PIANO BLACK Model# Sonata w/ ANTEC TRUE380 380W Power Supply
    Special Feature:
    Piano Black Color
    TRUE POWER 380Watt ATX12V (single fan for enhanced quiteness)
    2 x Front USB
    1 x Front IEEE1394 Firewire
    Front Audio Jacks
    9 Drive Bays- 3 x 5.25" 2 x 3.5" Ext. and 4 x 3.5" Int.
    1 x 120mm Fan Mounts (1 rear )
    Motherboard: Std. ATX 12" x 9.6"
    Dimension: 5.4"(H) x 17"(W) x 19.9"(D)
    AQ3 Antec Quality three-year warranty
    more info-> N82E16811129127 $110.00 $110.00


    Intel Pentium 4 / 2.66 GHz Northwood 512K Socket 478 Processor 533MHz Processor Bus Retail
    Specifications:
    CPU: 2.66 GHz
    Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
    Cache: 512K
    BUS: 533 Mhz
    Socket: 478 Retail (Box with Heatsink and fan)
    3-year MFG. Warranty more info-> N82E16819116145 $198.00 $198.00


    WD WESTERN DIGITAL 40GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL # WD400JB - OEM, DRIVE ONLY
    Specifications:
    Size: 40 Gigabytes
    Interface: IDE ULTRA ATA100
    Seek time: 8.9 ms
    RPM:7200
    Cache 8MB
    OEM(Drive alone) 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty more info-> N82E16822144126 $68.50 $68.50




    Subtotal $376.50

  4. #4
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    i already have a sonata, really want an HT P4.


    LT i ust wish those opertons were in my range


    dont need much hdd space this is more of a folding rig than anything

  5. #5
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    asus P4P8X 99.99

    2.6C P4 2.13

    Antec SLK2600AMB 56.00


    with shipping 383.99



    so where can i get ram for $1.01 lol

  6. #6
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Originally posted by lansens
    Qty Product Item # Unit Price Qty x Price

    ANTEC LIFE STYLE SERIES SONATA PIANO BLACK Model# Sonata w/ ANTEC TRUE380 380W Power Supply
    Special Feature:
    Piano Black Color
    TRUE POWER 380Watt ATX12V (single fan for enhanced quiteness)
    2 x Front USB
    1 x Front IEEE1394 Firewire
    Front Audio Jacks
    9 Drive Bays- 3 x 5.25" 2 x 3.5" Ext. and 4 x 3.5" Int.
    1 x 120mm Fan Mounts (1 rear )
    Motherboard: Std. ATX 12" x 9.6"
    Dimension: 5.4"(H) x 17"(W) x 19.9"(D)
    AQ3 Antec Quality three-year warranty
    more info-> N82E16811129127 $110.00 $110.00


    Intel Pentium 4 / 2.66 GHz Northwood 512K Socket 478 Processor 533MHz Processor Bus Retail
    Specifications:
    CPU: 2.66 GHz
    Type: Pentium 4 Northwood
    Cache: 512K
    BUS: 533 Mhz
    Socket: 478 Retail (Box with Heatsink and fan)
    3-year MFG. Warranty more info-> N82E16819116145 $198.00 $198.00


    WD WESTERN DIGITAL 40GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL # WD400JB - OEM, DRIVE ONLY
    Specifications:
    Size: 40 Gigabytes
    Interface: IDE ULTRA ATA100
    Seek time: 8.9 ms
    RPM:7200
    Cache 8MB
    OEM(Drive alone) 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty more info-> N82E16822144126 $68.50 $68.50




    Subtotal $376.50
    thats not bad



    anyone knwo if i can make a 2.66 work with HT?

  7. #7
    Folding Thunder
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    New York The Empire State
    Posts
    10,543
    Originally posted by YARDofSTUF



    LT i ust wish those opertons were in my range
    Man those opterons are really sweeet! But the cost of one is outrageous Maybe in a few years they'll come down in price.

  8. #8
    Senior Member loop2kil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,232
    Sell the board and ram for $200( that's what i did)
    new total will be $585.
    2.4c $170
    p4p800 $100
    2x512 mb twinmos pc3700 $200( ill show you where you can get it for this)
    80gb wd se $100

    total $570


    then get whatever case you can for $15 ...owell i tried.

  9. #9
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,515
    I need my teeth cleaned. $80 tops.

  10. #10
    Elite Member BaLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Bell County, Tejas
    Posts
    14,362
    damn

    get your car fixed up..

  11. #11
    Assembly Required
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    4,948
    ***Threadjack***



    YOS, how bout buying a digital camera and posting a picture of yourself!



    ***End of Threadjack***

  12. #12
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,003
    Originally posted by axtrader
    ***Threadjack***



    YOS, how bout buying a digital camera and posting a picture of yourself!



    ***End of Threadjack***
    i have one and i have posted my pics before, so there!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •