Thread: Just installed xp pro, now internet keeps resetting every 2-20 mins.

notoriouskeef

Just installed xp pro, now internet keeps resetting every 2-20 mins.

Hello,

I think i've pulled all my hair out. I've tried everything.

Comp stats. 20gb hd 780 ddr ram athlon 1.4. radeon 9700, sound blaster audigy gamer, was running 98 perfectly fine when i was influenced to purchase this god forbidden os xp pro, worst thing i've ever done (I wont' even talk about the conflicts this pos os has w/ my sound card.

Anyway, now since then (I use broadband internet) I can't play games, I can't download anything, and can barely chat, my internet just seems to reset all the time, for example say I leave a chat service open all night, it will say i have been disconnected and reconnected like 50 times when I wake up in the morning, it seems to get worse when i'm trying to do something. I've updated drivers, resinstalled the os twice now, swapped cable modems, called my isp (they have been out 3 times and can't figure it out, bunch of idiots anyway) I have come to my wits end.

Please help.

Matt

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    ARe you using cable or dsl??? Also did you clean install xp or upgrade??
    Comptia a+ n+

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    sound blaster audigy this is probably ur cause there is driver issues with sb cards and xp re ad that thread below that should help clear up some promblems.

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...hreadid=121277
    Comptia a+ n+

notoriouskeef

sound card

IF it is my sound card problem, i'm going to try remvoing the sound card and switch to onboard sound. I'm goign on leave today for about two weeks so I won't find out if that fixes it or not. I've tried everything else so why not.

Thanks,
    Matt

one more thing...

did u upgrade everything using windows update, that normally hleps...
    Linksys Cable Modem - WideOpenWest 6000/500
    Linksys WRT54G

Windows XP Pro SP2; AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.5ghz; 1gb OCZ PC4000 VX; 2x160gb SATAII RAID0

Help and Tips CableNut TCP/IP Analyzer DriversGuide.com UN=drivers PW=all TCP/IP Optimizer

notoriouskeef

no luck

well, no luck, i'm running on board sound, windows xp, radeon 9700, all updated drivers, sound still stutters in bf1942, and I get disconnected from the net every 10 mins, my mb is an asus a7s333.

Please help lol,
    Matt