Thread: Weird Problem

Weird Problem

System specs are below under main rig:

I was playing swat 3 and the game crashed to the desktop, and then the computer restarted.

Then in another occurance, I was just away from my computer and it restarted on me. Errors just read minidump. Startup errors from it was system has recovered from a........

I have the latest drivers for the card, have set the cpu to default speed and temps aren't that high. I mean its an abit mobo so temps are off, but at full load I was hitting about 51C and after I took off the vantec tornado fan about 56C full load w/ TT Smartfan II.

Try new AS3 job .. maybe more case fans .. may be you have a driver corruption

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    Originally posted by Massamune
    . .. may be you have a driver corruption
    I have been experiencing this from time to time. I have sent the error message to Windows and when it takes me on the Internet to explain ... it says that it happened due to a driver problem ... but it can not pin point it down.

Is there any way to pinpoint which driver may be the culprit? ... or do I just have to try to reload all the drivers?
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Originally posted by Massamune
    Try new AS3 job .. maybe more case fans .. may be you have a driver corruption
    LOL Do you see how many fans I have now. I need to take some of them out. SOunds like a damn tornado in my room.

Temps aren't hot enough to shut the computer down. I would accept the fact that the video card drivers or such were the culprit of the random reboots but it does it idle while I'm away. Could be the screen saver still. Maybe I should rollback my video card drivers.

Hey Zooner you have a Leadtek Ti4200 what drivers you using?