Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GenMay!? NO... I don't THINK so!

My dual Barton XP2500 is still a work in progress. I decided to go in a different direction with the radiator setup.(already had the original setup mounted ) I was going with a DangerDen heatercore with single 120mm/shroud. Now I'm going with a NAPA '72 Chevy pickup heatercore that'll fit two 120mm's That means a custom shroud and copper pass-through plumbing so it can be mounted externally on the rear of the FS-020. I've got everything except the 3/4" drill bit and tubing grommets. Now to do the engineering and assembly.
    Back on the attack!

hmmmm a Dually rig eh? now you got me thinking. Two xp 1700 runnning @ 1900 would be nice. Hmmm almost the same cost as my original setup. This sounds like a good idea. Now what kinda MB to pair with two of em?

YiKeS

Originally posted by yikes
    hmmmm a Dually rig eh? now you got me thinking. Two xp 1700 runnning @ 1900 would be nice. Hmmm almost the same cost as my original setup. This sounds like a good idea. Now what kinda MB to pair with two of em?

YiKeS
    My two favorites are hard to find. You can still find the Iwill MPX2 and Asus A7M266-D's on Ebay occasionally.

If you want stable above any O/C'ing, then, go with the Tyan's.
    If you want O/C'ing at all costs, try to find an Iwill MPX2.
    If you want a reliable mix, try to find an Asus A7M266-D.

The easiest to find are the Tyans and MSI's. The MSI has had a few issues with integrated stuff like the LAN. Several people I know in the duallie community have had to RMA them.

The Epox has also had quite a few RMA's.

I don't know jack about the Chaintech duallies.
    Back on the attack!

I should be back to full power in the next few days. My rig is finally folding 24/7.

Originally posted by tHE_0ne
    #1 person in support of [M] must be terminated
    Are you suggesting that we hack his computers?
    Member - Redneck Yacht Club

Originally posted by yikes
    Well gentlemen, I guess its time to build a new rig. What do you all think. Say a xp 2500 barton? or maybe a P4C. Hmmmmm...

Which way to go that is the question.

YiKeS
    P4C, hyper thread enabled....runs like a duallie.

Originally posted by Tawcan
    jensens is selling his P4C rig in the For Sale Forum. He doesn't seem anymore pleased with it than I was with my nForce2/XP2400 rig as far as overall feel. Benches like a mofo though.
    Back on the attack!

disabled account
    Originally posted by Tawcan
    Like a duallie.... but not a duallie. A great bang for the folding buck can come from a AMD SMP board. MSI boards are still available for purchase..... IWill's do pop up.

A pair of 1700XP+ can be had for about 100 dollars. They can easilier clock to 2.2GHz. the MP mod is childplay to accomplish. The 1700 and 2500 can have their mulitpliers changed with a few simple tricks.

I agree it is older tech, but it is affordable.
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Originally posted by nepenthe

A pair of 1700XP+ can be had for about 100 dollars. They can easilier clock to 2.2GHz. the MP mod is childplay to accomplish. The 1700 and 2500 can have their mulitpliers changed with a few simple tricks.
    I love 1700s, I built about 5 machines which run all over 2.0ghz

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

Originally posted by Qwijib0
    The day [M] passes SG is the day I get banned then, eh?

Originally posted by Qwijib0
    The day [M] passes SG is the day I get banned then, eh?

I'd vote you out
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

im back in the GREEN again
    hope that helps
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

We need to start pumping up the output, they're starting to gain again. http://stats.zerothelement.com/cgi-b...ender-teams.pl
    Back on the attack!