Thread: Corsair XMS3000 512Mb stick Platinum

Folding Thunder

Corsair XMS3000 512Mb stick Platinum

i got this stick of ram from zooner. After some research i found this ram's top speed is 370Mhz @ 6-3-3-2 w 2.8V

Well, you know me , so i decided to play around with it and see what it has.

Running 12x200 @ 1.9vcore

Ram is @ 400Mhz @ 6-2-2-2 with 2.8V
    30Mhz more with tighter timings is a nice bonus.
    This stick is running a helluva lot better than my previous 2 stick of XMS3200 C2 ! i could never get it to run at these timings no matter what vdimm i threw at it. Nebulous refuse to boot at any timings with 2's in it. It had to be 6-3-3-2, if not, no boot This is one of the best sticks of ram I've ever had the fun of playing with. Hopefully when Corsair sends back the replacements, they'll do just as good. This particular stick is going into storage nestled in it's foam-filled cradle I'm not gonna give this baby up, no sir! I might just get lucky and get another stick to have the pair w00t!

Tanx uncle zooner ! :2cool:
    Last edited by LT-73; 07-22-03 at 01:55 AM.

Re: Corsair XMS3000 512Mb stick Platinum

Originally posted by LT-73
    i got this stick of ram from zooner. After some research i found this ram's top speed is 370Mhz @ 6-3-3-2 w 2.8V

Well, you know me , so i decided to pay around with it and see what it has.

Running 12x200 @ 1.9vcore

Ram is @ 400Mhz @ 6-2-2-2 with 2.8V
    30Mhz more with tighter timings is a nice bonus.
    This stick is running a helluva lot better than my previous 2 stick of XMS3200 C2 ! i could never get it to run at these timings no matter what vdimm i threw at it. Nebulous refuse to boot at any timings with 2's in it. It had to be 6-3-3-2, if not, no boot This is one of the best sticks of ram I've ever had the fun of playing with. Hopefully when Corsair sends back the replacements, they'll do just as good. This particular stick is going into storage nestled in it's foam-filled cradle I'm not gonna give this baby up, no sir! I might just get lucky and get another stick to have the pair w00t!

Tanx uncle zooner ! :2cool:
    ive got that same stick, good stuff.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Weapons of Ass Destruction"

Folding Thunder
    Kewlness! LMK when you wanna get rid of it