Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, i'm freakin' out

Folding Thunder

Ok, i'm freakin' out

Am i cracking up or what? SG used to load up super fast without one problem, now it's laggy as heck. Pages don't load, i get the 404 error. I was using the onboard NIC, thought that was the problem. Switched over to a 3Com card, still have the same problem I can surf the entire web and evry site, evry page loads up super fast ( as normal ) but SG is giving me crazy problems. I've tweaked and retweaked. Switched NIC's and nothing seems to be working. What gives? Took me 10 refreshes, and several closes to be able to get this far.

Now some please tell me I'm crackin up. I know dang well it isn't the nebulous or the neucleus cuz I even switched over to the neucleus just to be sure it isn't the rig. Both have the same problem and it's with SG. All the other sites I connect with a flash, pages load up within miliseconds, yet SG is crappin out on me.

Leave ur comp alone so you dont blow it up, and go chill somewhere else, tommorrow it will be fine.

go OC ur ISP.

Folding Thunder
    Originally posted by Mutch
    Leave ur comp alone so you dont blow it up, and go chill somewhere else, tommorrow it will be fine.
    Mutch, if you wanna make me laugh, you're gonna have to do better than that.

This has been happening for several days now, grrrrrrrr.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar

Re: Ok, i'm freakin' out

Originally posted by LT-73
    Am i cracking up or what? SG used to load up super fast without one problem, now it's laggy as heck. Pages don't load, i get the 404 error.
    Yup. It's been that way for me for at least 3 weeks. I just thought it was my dial up connection but changed my view on that once I got back on the road a week ago.

I think it's a ploy to get all members to sign up for the "Gold Membership" package plan.

Don't you just love conspiracy's? lol
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Hey LT it is not your computer - I am getting stalls big time today -have you run a Trace rt !!! It will tell you if it's with your ISP our Not !!!

Just ran a Trace Rt to www.speedguide.net

pccwbtn.net 2 time outs and 63ms

sdsl.cais.net 46ms-63ms-47ms

Duz !!
    (The Protection of all with the Wadget Eye)
    (Never Trust Intel To Do AMD'S Job)

Hey LT I had same prob couple days ago. I have Road Runner. Since then I've reformatted and everything is good. But something was definitely lagging.

Folding Thunder
    Format ? Oh nooooooo !! I just started to get my stuff back after losing a 100GB HDD. I gotta format my Raid-0 config to get SG to run normal again? Oh geeeeeeeeez

this site has been loading sorta slow for me for a few weeks now
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

Originally posted by Cameron203
    Hey LT I had same prob couple days ago. I have Road Runner. Since then I've reformatted and everything is good. But something was definitely lagging.
    I did a fresh install of XP 11 days again and I still have the same issue....here only.

everything flies for me... on a PIII 450 too...

How is the Premium Membership running ???

Duz !!
    (The Protection of all with the Wadget Eye)
    (Never Trust Intel To Do AMD'S Job)

Same here, not every time I go to a SG page (forums that is, I haven't been to main site), but more often than not.

Should I format too?

sheesh, format for every little glitch, are you guys for real?

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    I have been experiencing slow loads for a couple of weeks now. Just kinda figured it was how it was gonna be. Some days it loads fast ... other days it loads slow. When it loads fast ... it is great. When it loads slow ... it is not so great. Main thing is that I can at least get in here.
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Originally posted by Norm

sheesh, format for every little glitch, are you guys for real?
    Nah not for me. I just made major changes to software packages and wanted to ghost a fresh copy for backup purposes.

Folding Thunder
    Dang, this is awful. Premium membership is great, but it's a drag when SG loads slow and I keep getting 404's

Please bring this to Philips attention. I complained about it in feedback. If I use IE 6, I'll be here all night trying to get one dang page to load. I switched out to Mozilla 1.4 and things are at least loading now. IE 6 has me throwing fits. I don't know what the exact problem is but it's been bad for me for about 5 or 6 weeks now.

Originally posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    Nah not for me. I just made major changes to software packages and wanted to ghost a fresh copy for backup purposes.
    Didn't think you would format a drive to try and fix a connection problem JCOS.
    You're smarter than that

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    Originally posted by blebs99
    I use IE 6. I don't know what the exact problem is but it's been bad for me for about 5 or 6 weeks now.
    ditto
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Broke
    IE 6 is definatly an issue with speed on this site.
    Slim Browser is 5 times as fast here over IE6.
    Dont have the speed problem browsing other sites though, just seams to be here.
    So I'm using Slim Browser at SG, IE6 elswhere