Thread: Gettysburg- why dont we hear about it

Gettysburg- why dont we hear about it

like we do of 9-11?

9-11 = 3,000 people died

Gettysburgh in Civil War - 51,000 died

That is a whole lot more people, but we never hear about it, and we all talk about how 9-11 was the worst thing to happen to the U.S.,

Gettysburg is only 4 hours from my house, one of these days I really want to check it out, plus I heard it is one of the most haunted areas in the country

Re: Gettysburg- why dont we hear about it

Originally posted by Ghosthunter
    like we do of 9-11?

9-11 = 3,000 people died

Gettysburgh in Civil War - 51,000 died

That is a whole lot more people, but we never hear about it, and we all talk about how 9-11 was the worst thing to happen to the U.S.,

Gettysburg is only 4 hours from my house, one of these days I really want to check it out, plus I heard it is one of the most haunted areas in the country
    Not sure why you look at it the way you do...I think your time scheme is off a bit

I'm sure to people then it was quite a hot topic, as it effected their lives just as 9/11 did ours.

People discuss current topics that effect them.
    Study American history and you'll hear about Gettysburg a bunch

Was there in October, could post some pics if you'd like. Odd being in the exact places...crawling with tourists like myself took a LOT away but still...

Re: Re: Gettysburg- why dont we hear about it

Originally posted by Humboldt
    Not sure why you look at it the way you do...I think your time scheme is off a bit

I'm sure to people then it was quite a hot topic, as it effected their lives just as 9/11 did ours.

Was there in October, could post some pics if you'd like. Odd being in the exact places...crawling with tourists like myself took a LOT away but still...

True guess it makes sense time heals all wounds

True guess it makes sense time heals all wounds

echo
    A mistake does not become an error until one refuses to correct it

Folding for the future

I agree with you Humboldt, I always wanted to get to Gettysburg, but have not done that yet....I own the movie Gettysburg, I bet I have watched it 10 times and still am fascinated by the battle....

Have a great 4th and a safe one....

chevy...
    When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Here comes master of the obvious *cue super-hero music*

In addition to the fact that the civil war ended almost 150yrs ago, the battle was part of a much bigger war (the civil war) and has since been resolved. The terrorist attack on September 11th was not a battle in a war but a gutless blindside to the country comparable to nothing before in the nations history IMO and has yet to be resolved.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Originally posted by 64bit
    Here comes master of the obvious *cue super-hero music*

In addition to the fact that the civil war ended almost 150yrs ago, the battle was part of a much bigger war (the civil war) and has since been resolved. The terrorist attack on September 11th was not a battle in a war but a gutless blindside to the country comparable to nothing before in the nations history IMO and has yet to be resolved.

It has been resolved what do you mean?

While the war on terrorism will never be over just like there will always be criminals on the streets thus we need police officers

I would LOVE to see them!!

If you need some hosting space, I can help. Although, my webserver will be down for a week till I get my new system in.
    Strap It On Whenever It Seems Appropriate

http://www.tomsclan.com

Hey GH, if you go to Gettysburg, be sure to go to Jenny Wades House. I went in there and I have to say, just walking through the door makes one feel creepy.

http://photos1.ghostweb.com/laur1.html

https://www.sandiego.edu/~kelliej/wade.html

Originally posted by blebs99
    Hey GH, if you go to Gettysburg, be sure to go to Jenny Wades House. I went in there and I have to say, just walking through the door makes one feel creepy.

http://photos1.ghostweb.com/laur1.html

https://www.sandiego.edu/~kelliej/wade.html

I might be going this septmeber still working out the details

what made me though of this topic was I watching back to back specials on History channel one about the battle of gettysburg and other ghost of gettsyburg

One thing I noticed intensely was a strange odor just outside of the entrance to the house. It multiplies once your in. Some of it is a mildewy smell with something else mixed in with it. Hard to describe.

One thing I noticed intensely was a strange odor just outside of the entrance to the house. It multiplies once your in. Some of it is a mildewy smell with something else mixed in with it. Hard to describe.

pretty cool experiences

anything else happen while you were down there?

Not really. We went out to the battlefields, cemetery, etc. Saw the sites and heard the stories. Very interesting place if your into the Civil War.

Jennies house is a must see if you go though. I'm not one to get creeped over things, but there is something there. You can feel it even if you can't see it.

Not really. We went out to the battlefields, cemetery, etc. Saw the sites and heard the stories. Very interesting place if your into the Civil War.

Jennies house is a must see if you go though. I'm not one to get creeped over things, but there is something there. You can feel it even if you can't see it.

cool there are so many places i want to check out when i get tehre

going to probably stay in a cabin

thinking of going sept 5 -7 and staying at one of these cottages

maybe they be haunted lol

This is totally off topic but have you ever seen anything about those people that try to find the locations of civil war era outhouses used to be located and dig them up. They have found some really cool stuff. I guess people would accidentally drop stuff down the hole and sure as heck wouldn't want to try and recover it. Do a google search if you are interested. I am at work and i am sure as heck not going to search on civil war toilet they will think i am one taco short of a combination platter.
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Originally posted by schlurpee
    This is totally off topic but have you ever seen anything about those people that try to find the locations of civil war era outhouses used to be located and dig them up. They have found some really cool stuff. I guess people would accidentally drop stuff down the hole and sure as heck wouldn't want to try and recover it. Do a google search if you are interested. I am at work and i am sure as heck not going to search on civil war toilet they will think i am one taco short of a combination platter.

ROFL!!!!!!!!