Thread: Mozilla 1.4

Mozilla 1.4

The final version of Mozilla 1.4 is avaliable for those that care. http://www.mozilla.org
    Respect it.

I've been using it since last night. It's blowing away IE 6 as far as loading pages. My IE 6 is messed up somehow. I don't know if it's the result of a critical update or what.

Thanks agentbeast, been using it for a while and love it. I've been waiting for the final.

I tried the beta a few weeks ago and was impressed how fast the program loaded without having the email client installed.

Originally posted by blebs99
    I've been using it since last night. It's blowing away IE 6 as far as loading pages. My IE 6 is messed up somehow. I don't know if it's the result of a critical update or what.

I like to distance myself from most things Microsoft. If they'd just stick to making an OS it would be alright.
    Respect it.

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    I just downloaded Mozilla tonight and I am also blown away with the speed of it.

I have been having some problems with IE 6.0 and decided to give Mozilla a try.

I am VERY pleased!
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

I'm having trouble exporting and importing bookmark from my favorites. When i do a export I get nothing out of the the HTML file mozilla generated. Any clues?

??? MOZ??

well I am cornfuzed... Mozilla ...a browzer ? will my W98 accept it ? and what happens to the IE I have ? knowing how M$ acts when it gets pushed aside, I am leary of messing it up....

I guess my main question is , should I ? I am not that bothered by the current browzer , is the change , realllly that remarkable ?
    nothing like my Virtual Spitfire Mk IXc and a few wingmen to cover my 6 !

It won't bother your IE at all. You can run both and see what you like better. Some people aren't experiencing trouble with IE so you may not want to try it out. I'm having problems with IE 6 and Win 98se so for me, Mozilla is kicking IE's butt right now. Don't get me wrong, I love IE when it works right. It's just not happening right now.

thanks, think I'll give it a try, and see...

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    I still have IE6 installed and use it for certain things ... one of which is NOT to come here to the forums. Mozilla is working great here ... don't know why IE won't work right in here.
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Anyone have a problem where mozilla 1.4 suddenly makes all the text in the page become misplaced and bold? I changed back to 1.3 and it's fine now. It seems to happen when I open a lot of new windows.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

Originally posted by dud89
    Anyone have a problem where mozilla 1.4 suddenly makes all the text in the page become misplaced and bold? I changed back to 1.3 and it's fine now. It seems to happen when I open a lot of new windows.
    I have not experienced that ... but this is the first time I have had any version of Mozilla on my computer.

I don't know why IE is all of the sudden acting stupid with this forum and 1 other.

I'm using Mozilla 1.3 right now.

thank you all for the conflicting input....hehehe, I believe I'll dive in the shallow end of the pool with you all , head first ! and give it a go.. I can run both ? I could use some input on that issue , in the next thread.... sounds great !

I really appreciate the help you all offer. I intend to set up a site , for my Gamer Community , with links ( stolen) from you all, as theres alot of them out there that dont realize they can find, or even know they should tweak their pc's !! ? .... geez .. this is a God Send....

Cheers !