Thread: Being That This Is The Final Version Of The UBB.....

Post Being That This Is The Final Version Of The UBB.....

do you guys plan on implementing the feature that notifies you when someone has posted to a thread, even if you didn't start it? That feature was extremely handy and was hopin that it would make a come back
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

No thread is that important! lol j/k dawg!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Nice to see ya back Scrum? How are the outtages out there?
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

mouse

The feature that I miss is being able to check who is browsing the boards, and Glad to see you back Evil.

Originally posted by mouse:
    The feature that I miss is being able to check who is browsing the boards, and Glad to see you back Evil.
    Me too, haha we welcome the evil lol

I liked the old hacked-UBB hybrid.
    It had the features where you could see who was on at the time, and seemed bug free.
    Why not just go back to that version?

Originally posted by fanta:
    Why not just go back to that version?

I think that it's too late now to go back, isn't it?

Why would it be too late?

Originally posted by fanta:
    Why would it be too late?

I think that one of the Mods said that one time. But it could have been upgradin to VB and then not bein able to go back too UBB, I dunno, Ignore me Homey

Originally posted by Ken:
    We are using UBB 6.01, final version, We can not convert to vB until we have a script (hopefully soon!!) and we can not go back to UBB 5, (which has a script to vB).

Really, the only option available is to wait and go to vB...

Hey Mod dude, how long would the conversion process take? Meaning, how long will SG be down for when the upgrade does occur?

all your answers are belong to me

#1 the who's online and track threads are built into vB by default, they will be in there, it's a lot of work to hack the UBB

#2 we can't go back in versions of the UBB, we are using 6.01 and stuck with it, can't go backward, only forward

#3 the conversion could take at most an hour, I once did a conversion and it took only minutes, but the size of this forum is like 700MB i think, so it could take some time, then we gotta make sure all settings are where we want them at all, plan on it being out a few hours prolly, of course we will ONLY do it late at night when the forum is least active....
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Originally posted by Brent:
    of course we will ONLY do it late at night when the forum is least active....

Damn, that's when all the fun starts

Thx for the answers Brent and Ken.
    Hopefully the transition will go smoothly.

I have a question though.
    Howcome you guys upgrade the UBB so fast?
    Wouldn't it be better to wait and see how the upgrades are (bugwise) before changing to them?

Originally posted by Prey521:

Damn, that's when all the fun starts
    seriously, bad news for all us insolmniacs too.....

[ 03-28-2001: Message edited by: nightowl ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

guess what i just found out!

In the vB 2.0 there is an option you can set to have it Pop Up a message on the forum itself if you have a new PM! Sweet, those of ya'll that use PM's will like that feature so y ou can see if you get a new one or not, see vB is just so much better!
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Originally posted by Brent:
    guess what i just found out!

In the vB 2.0 there is an option you can set to have it Pop Up a message on the forum itself if you have a new PM! Sweet, those of ya'll that use PM's will like that feature so y ou can see if you get a new one or not, see vB is just so much better!

You guys are just teases man, like a hungry cat dangling the mouse just out of our reach

We Want V
    We Want V
    We Want V
    We Want V
    We Want V