Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SG Security Scan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by partsfreak
    Phillip, Thanks for answering my post, I see that there are more ports scanned when logged in to Speedguide as a member. Also that they are described in greater detail.(I did a scan from my job today and was glad im not them. lol)
    My own results are still under question tho, I only have 3 open udp ports, They remain constant thu both logged in/not logged in scans.
    ALL of the other ports that are shown in the not logged in scan are filtered.
    All of those same ports show as closed once I log in and rescan.
    Try it on your systen and see if you get the same results.
    Thanks again, Partsfreak.
    You seem to be logging in from multiple IPs. Please PM or email me your IP that is having the issue and I'd be happy to scan it...

Blog Entries
    Updated the portscan again, we're up to 474 separate ports (with complete descriptions of associated vulnerabilities) scanned for the premium version

my first step

thanks for this particular site wich guide you through this.

I need help

How can I protect my web site from a hack, somebody are telling me about Microsoft ISA. but I want to use XP not Win2000 server

Blog Entries
    The latest security threats as of today (both W32.Esbot.A and W32.Zotob.E) have been added and are now detectable by the basic version of the SG Security Scan.

I've also added 15+ other recent vulnerabilities and their descriptions to the list.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

hey,i hope it's okay to post this here, but the SG security scan stoped working for me. when i press "scan" i get:
    Total scanned ports: 0
    Open ports: 0
    Closed ports: 0
    Filtered ports: 0

and i've tried a bounch of times with no luck. I'm using Firefox 1.5 if that's important.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mataku
    hey,i hope it's okay to post this here, but the SG security scan stoped working for me. when i press "scan" i get:

and i've tried a bounch of times with no luck. I'm using Firefox 1.5 if that's important.
    I upgraded the scan engine and some of the options to facilitate faster scans on the 29th. Seems in the process it lost its ability to scan hosts that do not respond to pings. Thanks for the constructive feedback, it's been fixed.

Please let me know if you're still having problems with it.

well,it's working now,but it took about 3 minutes before i got results.

okay,n/m it's working ok now.
    but i have a question: i'm using Norton internet security 2005 and when i start the scan i get an intrusion detected window. in NIS2005 whenever there is an intrusion it blocks all connection from the intruder for a few minutes. does this affect the results of the scan?

Blog Entries
    Probably.

The only way we can effectively scan a large number of ports is by sending probes in parallel, a few milliseconds apart. This, combined with the fact we're probing the most vulnerable ports may trigger some intusion alerts...

Blog Entries
    I've updated the SG Ports database with information on all official ports from IANA, as well as known unofficial port assignments from Wikipedia, the Sans Institute, and other sources for a total of ~10,000 combined records:

SG Ports Database

Please let me know if you feel something is missing or unclear since I've updated the layout and links/search/scan as well.

I used the speedguide scan and the scan at broadbandsecurity.org and got different results???

BBsec uses nMAP and nessus to scan your IP.

Quote Originally Posted by mataku View Post
    hey,i hope it's okay to post this here, but the SG security scan stopped working for me. when i press "scan" i get:

and i've tried a bunch of times with no luck. I'm using Firefox 1.5 if that's important.
    hey, came back 5 years later to post again - Zeros across the board. please fix
    using FF3.6.6

Security scanning audit of 100 of the most common ports, and more are added every day to the "Advanced" version.

this one was open each time i ran the test . sygate is configured to default settings but this one shows. is it ok to leave it