Thread: Router port scan (Paranoid)

Router port scan (Paranoid)

I recently found a Backdoor.Lolok.B virus. with Norton Virus and deleted. Several things make me believe that someone is still messing around my pc, for one my date was changed, icons moved around, desktop properties changed, and the pc speaker squeals (the best way I can describe the sound). I run a cable modem with a D-Link DI-604 router. I use NIS and recently set up a firewall rule to moniter my router address. Several times NIS blocked my router because it identified a port scan from my router address (192.168.0.1) what is up? Is this Normal? What can I do to find out more about what I need to do to stop this....I password my router, it is set on factory settings. I have run virus scans several times, Run Adaware 6.0 but find nothing. Are there any programs out there to check my router? or to scan my router for anything. Is it possible to place viruses or backdoor programs on a router?....

Try TrojanHunter and see what it comes up with.
    1 month free trial.

You have covered most things.

Croc.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

Change all system passwords and also the router password, the intruder has probably captured them and still has access to your system. Make these changes AFTER using a trojan scanner and AFTER disconnecting the cable modem from the router.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

tried the trojan scanner found nothing...that's good news changed all passwords and deleted saved password/screenames haven't had any problems..yet...Thanks all