Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: off to the hospital

**groooooan**

well, i just got back. thanks a lot for the support. at least my doctor's original fear turned out not to be the case. i really wasn;t too stoked about another stay in the hospital.

turns out it's not a blood clot, but a deep tissue infection which is causing the swelling, and subsequently reducing circulation in a leg with bad circulation already. i tell ya, i stopped by my work to explain what was up and i was literally almost in tears from the pain. i couldn;t even speak correctly (sounded like i was about to cry... which i was).

luckily, i didn;t have to stay overnight at the hospital. they just hooked me up to an IV, ran some unltrasound tests, took some blood and gave me an injection of pain killers and something else (through the IV)... think it was antibiotics and let me sit for awhile. my temperature came down and i stopped feeling the immense pain (lets hear it for pain killers). i am still pretty groggy from that .

anwyays..... Indy, JCOS, agentbeast, minir, UOD, YoS, TIGRESS, brembo, Illini, LT-73, YeOlde, downhill, dud89, blebbs99, Annalysa, Norm, Ghosthunter, nightowl, and De PLano..... you guys are the greatest. i was really bummed out this afternoon and this help my spirits out a lot. i am going to be essentially bedridden for the next 4 to 7 days depending on how things go, so i will pop in and pipe up whenever i think i can be a suitable nuisance.

thanks, guys .
    "Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard

Re: **groooooan**

Originally posted by Faust
    i am going to be essentially bedridden for the next 4 to 7 days depending on how things go, so i will pop in and pipe up whenever i think i can be a suitable nuisance.

thanks, guys .
    Good news in a way....hospital food is like eating cardboard...(ok the jello is suitable for wiggly stuff)..

Sounds like a good time for...................

Lots of Hendrix.

If there's anything we can do.....let us know.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

great to hear your ok!
    Originally posted by Burke
    eBay is like Terra Eleven, a vast wasteland that not even Peter Strauss could tame.
    P IV Processor 2.4 gHZ, ECS p4 motherboard, Windows XP, 512 MB of Ram, Radeon 9500 Pro, 60 GB WD HD, 20 GB IBM HD, Verbatim CDRW,

Good news in a way....hospital food is like eating cardboard...(ok the jello is suitable for wiggly stuff)..

Sounds like a good time for...................

Lots of Hendrix.

lol... agreed. i dont know which is worse.... cabin-class airline food or hospital food. probably airline food, but if a person's in the hospital, they're probably not feeling too good so it probably wouldn;t matter if it was fillet mignon or prime rib..... the enjoyment just wouldn;t be there.

and you know it! (lots of Hendrix). and some Pink Floyd, too. and some Croce and some Steely Dan and all the other Rancho-Relaxo type music i can encue

oh, and thanks for the positive sentiment, Hopeful. after the terrible afternoon i had, all the well wishes really perked me up. thanks again.

- Leo Szilard

Blow it out yer arse Faust. We don't do it to make YOU feel better, it just makes US look better.

Send me some pills.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Originally posted by brembo
    Blow it out yer arse Faust. We don't do it to make YOU feel better, it just makes US look better.

Send me some pills.

yeah, yeah..... you love me and you know it.

admit it .

BTW, the pain pills are mine! these have to be the biggest vicodin pills i have ever seen. not a huge fan of vicodin, actually. but hey.... if they make me so groggy that i wet myself, then i suppose the pain is really irrelevant

- Leo Szilard

glad to hear your okay faust..

faust: "medic!"
    koldkillah: "roger that!"

I'll hold the flags while your gone.. hurry back though, I'm runnin' outta bullets..
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

I'm glad things aren't as bad as is seemed. I enjoy your posts, and would hate to see you gone. Be careful of them infections...they can really sneak up on you.

And remember opiates are your friend

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Originally posted by koldchillah
    glad to hear your okay faust..

faust: "medic!"
    koldkillah: "roger that!"

I'll hold the flags while your gone.. hurry back though, I'm runnin' outta bullets..
    Yeah, get well, and get yer broadband back soon! Mornings aren't the same without ya on the killing fields.

And this isn't an excuse for ya to miss my soiree this coming fall!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

actually the hopsital food in my area is pretty good, manchester hospital makes some nice cheeseburgers.

Good luck!! I hope you feel better soon!

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    actually the hopsital food in my area is pretty good, manchester hospital makes some nice cheeseburgers.
    A whole different meaning to..."Cheeseburger in Paradise"
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Blog Entries
    Hi Scott

I somehow missed this thread earlier. Pleased as punch things are not as bad as originally thought.

Get well soon my Friend

regards

larry

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Scott man I'm glad your doing ok. Couldn't you have at least faked it and got you sponge bath? lol Nah, with your luck you would have gotten a nurse named Helga that once played Australian League football.

Speaking of which....

That's brembo's favorite kind of woman.

And...

You guys killed me with your replies in this thread. If it made me laugh and I mean hard, I know ol' Faust has to feel much, much better.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

mmmmm.....

thanks, guys. i have managed to stay away from vicodin for the most part. have just been indulging in some beer when things get touchy. i probably haven't been keeping the pressure down as much as i am supposed to (supposed to be in bed with my leg elevated most of the time, but can't stand the crap on TV - while laying in bed - for too long), but that's just going to be a factor.

seems i am due for some horizontal time as i type this. nighty-night, guys

- Leo Szilard

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Originally posted by Faust

seems i am due for some horizontal time as i type this.
    Faust is getting some!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Pics? lol

On second thought noooo thank you.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

take some asprine that should help the swelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.