Thread: Question for the ATI guys...methods of OC'ing it.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

Question for the ATI guys...methods of OC'ing it.

OK, I've been nVidia only since the TNT1 days....and I've always overclocked with nVidia's own built in OC feature in their drivers that one unlocked by editing the registry with the NVTweak key and CoolBits DWord.

So now I'm going to start pushing my Radeon 9800p 256 ....what's everyones preferred utility for this? As far as I've found, there isn't a built in feature in ATI's own drivers. I'm guessing 3rd party is needed.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

i use this but i don't reallly overclock it much, only when benchmark running.

http://www.rage3d.com/r3dtweak/

what kinda scores are you getting @ stock speed ?
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~Vega64~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~10TB storage~6.4TB-ioMemorycard~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats

use rage3d tweak linked above

if you don't want the tweaking options just install the overclocker, thats all you need

overclock with the sliders, what it does is it keeps your card at default speed in 2D then overclocks it to the oc'd speed in 3D

the 9800 pro core is very oc'able, default is 380Mhz, you should be able to crank it up to around 425 maybe, just play with it, the VT I got to 450Mhz stable, so just play around

the memory uses DDR2, that should be a good overclocker as well considering you have good case cooling (the ram does it quite hot since its DDR2)
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor