Thread: ELSA to make ATI cards now

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

ELSA to make ATI cards now

Haven't seen desktop class video cards from Elsa in a while, they've been shifting to high end professional graphics like nVidia's Quadro series.

But now they're going to make ATI cards.....we'll see more of this since ATI is no longer actually producing their cards except for a such like the Fire's and AIW's.

Elsa made some nVidia based cards a couple of years ago, back in the GF2Ultra days....nothing could touch them for overclocking....they were extremely overclockable.

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Ar...ages=04&seq=20
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Re: ELSA to make ATI cards now

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Haven't seen desktop class video cards from Elsa in a while, they've been shifting to high end professional graphics like nVidia's Quadro series.

But now they're going to make ATI cards.....we'll see more of this since ATI is no longer actually producing their cards except for a such like the Fire's and AIW's.

Elsa made some nVidia based cards a couple of years ago, back in the GF2Ultra days....nothing could touch them for overclocking....they were extremely overclockable.

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Ar...ages=04&seq=20
    I don't believe ati will stop selling their own made by ati cards...at least not yet..they don't have someone to step in for them yet...they released a statement saying so...i think it was on hardocp. As for elsa, that's a name i haven't heard in a while..

"ATI has changed its distribution structure slightly to make selling through distributors more attractive to our board partners. Nothing else, including our support policy, has changed. ATI will continue selling its whole range of "Built by ATI" boards to major retailers in North America and directly from our web site. Europe and the Asia-Pacific region will continue to be served entirely by board partners. The change will make our products more widely available and get them into the hands of customers faster."
    The One, The Only, The GOOG!!

To know is sublime, to not know is extravagent!!

ATI is still going to make cards, the people that spouted that rumor off are NOT in the know.

The Goog posted ATI's official statement above.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Re: ELSA to make ATI cards now

.....we'll see more of this since ATI is no longer actually producing their cards except for a such like the Fire's and AIW's.
    Damn Cat...and I thought you were in the know LOL

Mr. Rumormill himself lol.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Re: Re: ELSA to make ATI cards now

Originally posted by UOD
    Damn Cat...and I thought you were in the know LOL

Mr. Rumormill himself lol.
    Something I read a couple of days ago, at Anandtech, I'm not going to lose sleep over it if it doesn't pan out or what one hardware review sites says and insists all the others are wrong. ATI has been shifting a lot of production to 3rd party partners. To what degree, we all know what is said one day changes a dozen times before the ink dries anyways.

My focus was on Elsa coming back into the mainstream desktop market with performance cards. That's what I was excited about. They made some nice stuff!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Re: Re: Re: ELSA to make ATI cards now

Something I read a couple of days ago, at Anandtech, I'm not going to lose sleep over it if it doesn't pan out or what one hardware review sites says and insists all the others are wrong. ATI has been shifting a lot of production to 3rd party partners. To what degree, we all know what is said one day changes a dozen times before the ink dries anyways.
    Its not that they are wrong, it is that they interrpreted it the wrong way and exagerated on a few points.

The quote we have from ATI came directly from ATI, and that is no bull.

ATI will still be making ATI built by cards.
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

~'~|D|HawaiianGhost~'~ HawaiianGhost's Avatar
    In a chair, in front of my rig, staring at my avatar... <(0.0)>
    I thought ELSA was long gone, bankrupt or something like that. Had an old 56k modem before and visited their site to find out that they were in the process of closing down and that another company was gonna help support "some" of their product, i.e. their last video card that they made in the GF4 Ti4xxx series....?
    DA' BEAST:
    Win2000Pro/WinXpPro SP2||AMD AXP 2700+ T-Bred 2.2GHz w/Thermalright SLK-800 & Tt Smart FanII||ASUS A7V333/R||1GB PC2700 Corsair VS||Lite-On 52x CD-Rom||Yamaha CRW-F1ZEN 44x24x44 Burner||2xWD800JBSE in RAID-0, 1xWDSE800JB & 1xWDSE1600JB backups||SBAudigy OEMBulk||Enermax EG465AX-VE
    Chaintech GF4 Ti4200 128MB "GT21" w/ViVo SE

--------------------------------------
    Game with the ~RealmOfGhost'z~, [SG], |D|

Originally posted by HawaiianGhost
    I thought ELSA was long gone, bankrupt or something like that.
    Yeah that does ring a bell...like two years ago or something. I haven't seen one of their cards since the Gladiac GF2U my buddy had.
    Guinness for Strength!!!