Thread: Best cell phones?

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar

Best cell phones?

Does anyone know of a site that will let me know what the best cell phone companies are? Ive been looking into getting a cell phone. Ive had a few that ive had to return almost imediately because of really poor reception. I also know that some people get good reception around here but when i aska bout their service it seems it varies, some say some suck some say others suck....

Is there a website that would allow me to find out what would be my best bet for the area? Im kinda confused on that...

thanks

jbkm

I am sure around your town you have the companies trying to sell their service. Go in there and bull**** with the rep., he/she should tell you how good/show you a map of the reception in the area.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    yeah the problem is really that im wanting this area good and also the rest of the usa good too.. IM joining the air force and i dont' know where im gonna be stationed....

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    I have at&t , and I've been really happy with my service. Even in the mountains outside of tucson I can get GSM and internet service.
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Verizon has pretty much penetrated every nook and cranny in the entire US. They have outstanding prices, great phones, great service and outstanding customer support. The reps actually seem happy to help you.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

samsung, nokia and motorola have great phones
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

Tucson, Arizona Processor: GenuineIntel Member #4896
    Originally posted by nightowl
    samsung, nokia and motorola have great phones
    ..well, 2 of the 3...

nokia = omgradiationoverdose and cheapness
    If your browser can't read unicode, you should probably switch!

Blog Entries
    You might check out www.phonearena.com ...

We sorta stumbled upon our own cell phone test last winter when we went on vacation to Snowshoe Mnt., West Virginia. We were all from different parts of florida and had different service plans from different companies.

At the ski resort: My T-mobile couldn't get reception. Neither could someone's Verizon. Nor cingular and definitely not NexTel. Only cell phone that worked on the mountain was my parents' AT&T which had a full signal no matter where we were at.

I hate my T-mobile phone. The plan sux too.. Can't wait to get out of my contract and move on..
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

I frequent Howardforums.com They have provider sections, and manufacturer sections...that should help you out.

Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    Originally posted by UOD
    Verizon has pretty much penetrated every nook and cranny in the entire US. They have outstanding prices, great phones, great service and outstanding customer support. The reps actually seem happy to help you.

Verizon is the best, bar none.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    This isn't meant as a thread jack but I heard a commercial on the radio while in the states two weeks ago stating a Verizon package for $59 a month anytime, anywhere for calls in the US and Canada for a flat rate...the $59 a month. Is this true? lol

If so I'd like to get that but I'm sure it's for a fixed location for where you sign up lets say New York or Illinois for instance. For me traveling all over I would like a package plan that would allow for the above with no extras from any state. This would be a personal cell since my company uses US Cellular and they suck don't turds. lol
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<