Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stupid RSX owner

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Originally posted by AoDLiQuiD-M3tH
    Yeah my friend did the same thng in his BMW M3 on the highway and we blew the motor went from 5th to 2nd... hmm wasnt pretty.
    OMG Such a nice car to waste.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    Originally posted by SRF01
    I wonder if his warrenty would cover that?
    Well it might have if he didn't tear the friggin thing apart after.
    To answer your question ... NOPE

Honda (and Acura) now have a code that can be accessed in the computer (ECM) that tells them if the car was over-reved. We have had 3 of these cases at our dealership. Problem is that these kids (yes I said kids) have parents who have more money then brains and buy these kids these cars. The kids have no experience driving them and this is the results.

We had one come in and he got it fixed (Mommie & Daddie payed the bill) and when he picked it up he went outside and started it right up and reved the livin' $hit out of it. He must have been tachin' 8000 RPMs from the get go ... stone cold. We ran out and yelled at him to stop and he said he was just making sure that we fixed it right.

Hey ... it's his money (or should I say Mommie & Daddie's) ... dumba$$
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Counter-Strike Addict AoDLiQuiD-M3tH's Avatar
    Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    OMG Such a nice car to waste.
    yeah he got it fixed needed engine rebuild then he dumped another 6000.00 in oon suspension and other parts...
    -[AoD]-LiQuiD>M3tH-[SA]-
    -[AoD]-Clan General

www.Counter-Strike.net

Originally posted by mwkirchner
    To answer your question ... NOPE

We had one come in and he got it fixed (Mommie & Daddie payed the bill) and when he picked it up he went outside and started it right up and reved the livin' $hit out of it. He must have been tachin' 8000 RPMs from the get go ... stone cold. We ran out and yelled at him to stop and he said he was just making sure that we fixed it right.

Hey ... it's his money (or should I say Mommie & Daddie's) ... dumba$$
    Some people just don't get it. Just wait until he's buying his own ride and has to pay the bills.

thx