Thread: Asus mobo's - Which one ?

Asus mobo's - Which one ?

I've narrowed my mobo search down to two different models and am looking for opinions on which is the best choice and why. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two in common terms ?

Asus P4S8X-X

ASUS P4SDX

I've been reading over all the sheets on these two and can't seem to see much difference. Also, what's the -X mean on the Asus P4S8X-X ? I see they have a Asus P4S8X model too.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated !
    "We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Any reason you're not peeking at the Springdales?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

This one by far as Cat said.
    http://www.insightcomponents.com/ic/..._id=asup4p8009
    You can get a great price on one of these.

I don't think I'll be buying a HT P4 anytime in the near future, so I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck and save some cash. I have a WD 120 GB 8MB cache HD I'm waiting to put in, and figured I'd add a new mobo as long as I'm reinstalling windows. I want something less expensive but reliable and overclockable.
    "We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our children."

Asus P5Q-E LGA 775 / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale / Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro / NVIDIA GTX650 Ti Boost / Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) / Corsair CMPSU-650TX / Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T / Klipsch 4.1 / Creative Sound Blaster Z / Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive / Too many hard drives to mention.....

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Asus P4B533 is pretty inexpensive, the nice solid 845 chipset.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Well how do you feel about AMD? You can get an Asus A7N8X-DLX for $79.00 and a XP 2500 for $96. Thats what I'm using now. The MB has the best on board sound I've ever heard and alot of other features. My 2500 has been running at 2.31 GHz for months rock solid with a SLK-800 HS on it. It will bench right up there with a 3.06 P4 in many areas. I'm not trying to start a flame war here. Thats just the best bang for your buck from my own personal experience.

I'm not a fan of the SiS chipsets.. IMO, they kinda suck... Springdale is where its at now.. As much as I hate to say it, and I've always regarded Asus as my first choice (and still do for the most part), the Abit IC-7 is absolutely smokin' and a majority of the reviews I've read place it a step above its Asus counterpart.. may be worth a glance if your still open to other brands.. either way, asus still makes a kick a$$ board and if ya really want to save and go for the SiS chipset, then I suppose Asus would be the way to go..
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

if i were you my friend, i would get a springdale and just sit on it.. with a NON HT enabled CPU.. or a non 800 mhz CPU..
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Weapons of Ass Destruction"

i woul recomend going with the springdale boards as well.