Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Boat!

My Boat!

Trailor is hooked up to my truck now, boat goes to shop for engine work tomorrow. It's been sitting in yard for 2 years in need of a tune up and gas tank cleaning.

FINALLY!! I will be on the Chesapeke Bay in a couple weeks and the Atlantic in July. (taking orders now for Striped Bass and Flounder)

This is the boat model I have.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    it is a lovely boat.... take some pics of yer prized catches eh

Nice! YOSC just picked up a boat too.... I think we should have a "Post your Boat" thread!!
    Observe everything...focus on nothing..

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Nice...looks comfy and seaworthy to be able to handle some chop quite comfortably.

Yup, I did just pick up another boat. I have an itch for small, fast boats. Couple of years ago sold my twin engined jet boat, little 15'6' sucker with twin 80hp jet drives. Fastest boat around 0-50, could top out at 62 in glass water.

Anyways, just made a deal to pick up a Baja 16SS...hot little performance boat not unlike Noeve's pops boat, a little newer. Needle noses, wide, low, slim tinted black windshield. Just under 16' with a Evinrude 90hp V-4 outboard with stainless prop. Current owner has had it top 60, I know the prop isn't ideal, I'll get a better stainless prop on it that should take it past 65.

Should be picking it up this weekend, register 'n all that stuff. Build up my dock a bit more to tie her up there in the backyard, hopefully will have her in within two weeks.

Can't wait to come home from work, change, and just head off to the beaches and islands for some evening cruises.

Picks will come this weekend.

***edit***

Found a pic of a similar boat

MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

That Baja should easily hit 65 w/ an Evinrude 90 and a nice coat of bottom wax!

I top out at about 38-42. (not bad for a 19 footer w/ 8' beam, and only a 112 Evenrude) Plus gear and whatnot adds a lot of weight to it, e.g 56 gal gas tank.

LRH

Originally posted by TonyT
    I'm hoping. The current stainless prop on the boat doesn't look too hot...kind of generic, not too aggressive. But the hull is bare, been trailered in fresh water its whole life.

Unfortunately I live on salt water...and will dock her...so the first week I have her....sand and slap on the Interlux bottom paint. Even their high performance bottom paint sheds a couple of mph off, which I'm hoping to counter that and then some with an aggressive prop.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

disabled account
    Mine is identical to this one.....

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine...id=21228&img=0

Save that it is two tone white and maroon. This is the first year it will see salt water. We are keeping it in Lanoka Harbor NJ. This weekend or next will be the first time out with it this season.

shant,
    david
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Blog Entries
    Hi Fellas

Nice Boats All

Each one having its own set of priorities. Thats the beauty of boating, there is one for every lifestyle it seems. Lets hope you get the weather to enjoy them this season.

Have Fun & be safe

regards

minir

I am so jealous. After I build my house that will be my next conquest.

disabled account
    Originally posted by minir
    Hi Fellas

Nice Boats All

Each one having its own set of priorities. Thats the beauty of boating, there is one for every lifestyle it seems. Lets hope you get the weather to enjoy them this season.

Have Fun & be safe

regards

minir
    It belonged to may late father in law who sold it to us when he became to ill to care for it himself. I cannot say that I am a boating fan, however my friends love it....

Oh well.
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by nepenthe
    It belonged to may late father in law who sold it to us when he became to ill to care for it himself. I cannot say that I am a boating fan, however my friends love it....

Oh well.
    ----

Hi nepenthe

I have found over the years David that owning a Boat, Cottage, or Pool does bring out the Best in ones Friends.

It does however also bring out a Wallet Weariness in one as well

Have Fun

regards

minir

disabled account
    Originally posted by minir
    ----

Hi nepenthe

I have found over the years David that owning a Boat, Cottage, or Pool does bring out the Best in ones Friends.

It does however also bring out a Wallet Weariness in one as well

Have Fun

regards

minir
    They say that a boat is a hole in the water that you toss money into... An aphorism I can vouge for. Though computers are not a poorman's hobby either.

shant,
    david

Blog Entries
    They say that a boat is a hole in the water that you toss money into... An aphorism I can vouge for. Though computers are not a poorman's hobby either.

shant,
    david

-------

Hi nepenthe

Yes that i do acknowledge as well

It's the old "The difference between Men & Boys is the price of their Toys Eh!"

What the hell, they are All generally cheaper than a Mistress though Hahaha & one must have some Fun in life.

Have a Good one my Friend

regards

larry

Originally posted by TonyT
    Hmmm... 65 would probably be a stretch with a 90. Not enough juice, ya know? I get about 70-73 with my bass boat, and that's with a 150 V-6, and aggresive SS prop.

I'll see. She's only 15'6", but light as a potato chip, nothing inside but 2 capt seats and a benchseat in the back. He had a halfway decent paddlewheel sending unit on a nice system for fishing, which he's keeping. Not knowing how well he calibrated it, can only go by his word that she just tops 60. Sending unit looked to be mounted well in a good location on the stern.

His prop looks rather generic for a stainless.

Once you get past 55 -60...each mph after that becomes increasingly harder to obtain. Prob not going to snag a prop this summer though...lotta money for a good one.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

shant,
    david
    Yes they are, but heck, so are most hobbies. Having grown up on the ocean, I've gone through....hmmm...this will be my 5th skiboat since I bought my first one in high school. There's no price you can pay for the feeling of getting out there on the open water, heading out to island beaches, entertaining people with beach parties, beach cookouts, taking people skiing, tubing, kneeboarding, all sorts of watersports, to see them have a good time and have fun.

And the tranquility you feel when heading out into the sound...shutting the engine off...and just drifting...taking in the ocean air and sounds and sights. It's so soothing, feels like you leave everything behind when you get out there. So nice. Very good relaxation for my mind.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

They say that a boat is a hole in the water that you toss money into
    Very very true!
    Then again, so is a computer, a wife, etc etc.
    Nice thing about a decent boat is that they hold their value well.

I paid 11,400.00 for mine, boat motor & trailor brand new in end of 1997. I could sell it now for more than what I paid for it! However, on erarely gets back the $ poured into it!

David, that's a nice cruiser. You might try a trip down the Intercoastal Waterway in next few years after daughter is no longer shark bait.

LRH

Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
    can only go by his word that she just tops 60.
    Let's start a poll... My guess is 55 tops. Light fuel, 1 person. Those old 90's were 2:1 reduction, and you could swing a 14" prop max. Calc's out it would take a 25" pitch (with cup), and 0% prop slippage to hit 65 @ 5600.

Originally posted by twwabw
    Let's start a poll... My guess is 55 tops. Light fuel, 1 person. Those old 90's were 2:1 reduction, and you could swing a 14" prop max. Calc's out it would take a 25" pitch (with cup), and 0% prop slippage to hit 65 @ 5600.
    I didn't read his prop, but eye'ing it quickly, looked under...like a 21 or 23 pitch. Good thing it has a tach on it...would have to keep an eye on that redline.

No trim/tilt on her, only thing I was bummed about. Makes me think "What a perfect opportunity for a jackplate!"
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I'm jealous! I want a boat!! 21' angler to be exact..

some nice lookin' boats fellas!
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru