Thread: i have 2 units that will not upload......

i have 2 units that will not upload......

anyway to force them to upload my results ?

i have 1 unit on 2 different machines that have been trying for 2 days now to send back home.

maybe i should just wait a few more days
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

Re: i have 2 units that will not upload......

Originally posted by the snake
    anyway to force them to upload my results ?

i have 1 unit on 2 different machines that have been trying for 2 days now to send back home.

maybe i should just wait a few more days
    Don't worry, they will.

I asked this exact question before and was told that the server you receive a new wu from is different from the one you upload the results of completed wu's to.

F@home will just begin on the new wu and send the results when the server is up again, and can store up to 10 completed sets of work results.

If you're on dial-up, try closing folding and re-opening it with the internet connection going.

I have a shortcut that I use sometimes that on the command line it looks like this:

FAH3console.exe -send all

Look and see what server its trying to send to and if it doesn't send to it then the server is probably down.

If that doesn't work on the shortcut put this and then look in the logfile.

FAH3console.exe -queueinfo

This will tell you what the protein is and then you can check on what server it's from and check on the server.

Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Originally posted by rickoic
    I have a shortcut that I use sometimes that on the command line it looks like this:

FAH3console.exe -send all

Look and see what server its trying to send to and if it doesn't send to it then the server is probably down.

If that doesn't work on the shortcut put this and then look in the logfile.

FAH3console.exe -queueinfo

This will tell you what the protein is and then you can check on what server it's from and check on the server.

Rick
    sorry for my ignorance, but how exactly do i do this
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

Not a problem.

Navigate to the folder where you put your folding program.

Stop your folding program first with a CTRL-C

Find the program FAH3console.exe if thats the one your using, the graphical version if thats the one you use.

Right click on the program and select the option from the menu 'Create Shortcut'. As soon as you select it that should be a new program appear called 'Shortcut to FAH3console.exe" and it should already be blue, so right click on it and select 'Properties'.

There should now be a window open that has a line on it that points to your folding program. Something like:

C:\Folding\FAH3console.exe

If you click on that line to turn it blue and then use the right arrow on your keyboard you will see it turn white and your cursor will be blinking at the end of it. Make it look like this first:

C:\Folding\FAH3console.exe -send all

Click on 'Accept' at the bottom and then double click on the Shortcut.

It should then begin to try and transmitt any finished work units.
    Make note of any server it's trying to contact. Should be a number like 171.64.122.110. The first 3 sets of numbers will be like I typed, the 4th set 110 can be something else. This is the number you want to write down. (Not all work units will give you this number)

If your work unit is transmitted all is fine and you can goto the other computer and do the same thing to it.

If it didn't transmitt, then click on the address below and check on the server with the number like what you wrote down. It should have an area just in the 3rd column to the right of the number that says: 'assign & accept' or 'accept only' if its up and running. Anything else means its down. And your work unit can't be sent till the server is brought back up.

http://folding.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

If you didn't get a server number and your work unit didn't transmitt. Right click on your shortcut again and select 'Properties' and change the command line to read:

C:\Folding\FAH3console.exe -queueinfo

Click on 'Accept' and then double click on the shortcut. You will only see a flicker and its done.

Double click on the file FAHLOG and choose 'Notepad' to open it.
    Use the bar on the right to go to the bottom and it should tell you what work unit is queued to be transmitted.

http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html

Use this address to find out what server the work unit is assigned to and then the first address to check on the status of the server.

The first and/or the third column should match your work unit and the second column will be the server address.

Hope this works everything out for you. If you run into any problems, just say so and where you need help and me or someone will help you out.

Tks
    Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Rick....

Think I'm beginning to understand these things you're explaining about the command line and add-ons, etc. etc. How did you find out all this stuff? How did you get the Stanford addresses for all these different site you have? After anyone does these checks you have just explained, what do you do with the 'shortcuttoF@H3console' you just created? Can you just delete it and then create a new one the next time you need to check something, or do you just leave it in the folding folder?
    ߡk@

"Okay! Who stole the cork outta my lunch?"

Server 121 has been down for 3 days or so and is not expected to be back up until Monday.

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=4541

So if your work units are scheduled to go there you will still have to wait.

Rick

Edit

As to the shortcut you created, I just leave it there. In fact I have several shortcuts in each of my folding directorys. I name them different for different things to do.

Send All
    Queueinfo
    Regular
    Advmethods

That way I don't have to create them all over again and they are ignored by the program when it's folding.

As to my finding out all these things, it started at this address:

http://folding.stanford.edu/

From the menu on the left I went to the download section and read about all the flags available and what they do.

Using the 'HELP' option took me to the regular Stanford Folding Forum which is where all problems should be posted.

Stats branches off into 4 parts; Individual, Team, Server Status, and Projects.

Just being plain nosey and doing a lot of snooping in old posts when the subject sounded interesting.

thanks rickoic, i got the shortcuts to work but still not sending, maybe i will just wait a few more days.

here is the last entry of the log file, ......

Folding@home Client Version 3.24

http://foldingathome.stanford.edu
    email:help@foldingathome.stanford.edu

###############################################################################

Arguments: -queueinfo

[17:02:15] - Ask before connecting: No
    [17:02:15] - User name: the_snake (Team 15)
    [17:02:15] - User ID = 7434F413D82458A
    [17:02:15] - Machine ID: 1
    [17:02:15]
    [17:02:15] Loaded queue successfully.
    [17:02:15] Queue Status:
    [17:02:15] Printing Queue Information

Folding@home Client Shutdown.

here is a screenshot of it...

*~ SG stats ~my stats

The wu in slot 9 is scheduled to go back to server 121 which is down, so nothing you can do until they bring it back on line sometime Monday, hopefully.

Rick