Thread: Asus A7m266-d

Asus A7m266-d

Just picked up a ASUS A7M266-D motherboard. Over the next month or two will be picking up various parts to get it in operation.

Any suggestions on brand of DDR, HD, and CPU's I need to start looking for to round it out?

Tks
    Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Hey Rick,
    The "D" is for dual processors, is that the one that you have?

Yep, it's a duelie.

I've got a bid in now on a pair of MP2200+ cpus.

Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

disabled account
    ECC Ram works best, you will not need better than PC2100 for that machine. Samsung makes fine memory for said purpose.

shant,
    david
    I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

I have had great luck using Mushkin and, Crucial memory. I use ECC memory on my dually.
    Too many computers can fry your brain.