Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priceless....

Priceless....

Winning the lottery.......................$10 Million
    Buying the car of your dreams......$570,000
    Hitting the wall in turn 3................priceless

The irony is just too much
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

What an idgiot.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Sorry y'all, I don't find that the slightest bit funny.

Doesn't matter to me how rich somebody is, I don't get any joy in seeing them wreck thier car and get hurt.

Remember Dale Earnhardt.

Oh, and he's not the only one that happened to, look at all the skid marks of other cars that went off the track right there.

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    DIZZAM !!!
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

Ungh, poor insurance adjuster..

He's gonna have a mile of paperwork to file on that one.
    NCTI - Certified
    SCTE--Member
    Specialized cable fixxer upper

Originally posted by RoundEye
    Sorry y'all, I don't find that the slightest bit funny.

Doesn't matter to me how rich somebody is, I don't get any joy in seeing them wreck thier car and get hurt.

Remember Dale Earnhardt.
    RE, did you ever hear of a heart surgeon from Houma, La racing porsches ?? That was my uncle, he did like 4 cart wheels in a porsche, it was in the Baton Rouge newspaper I think prolly about 6 years ago. Anywho, he's started racing again but this time it's Indy cars.

He's got too much money. He and his wife both have matching Vipers.

Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

Certified SG Addict
    Originally posted by RoundEye

Remember Dale Earnhardt.
    It IS funny, because of the sheer idiocy of the action of car racing. Looks like I'll be the a-hole on this one. You may find it offensive, childish and inane. Written in 2001.

Ok, so Dale Earnhardt was killed after crashing into a wall at the Daytona 500 earlier this year. Of course, people are still in shock and are still talking about how the sport just isn’t the same with the “Intimidator.” It’s sad, yeah, but guess what, folks? He was DRIVING A CAR AT 180 MILES AN HOUR.

I hate to sound callous, but I don’t feel sorry for the guy. Think about it. His chosen vocation was driving at insane speeds in a car that’s basically an engine with an ERTL snap-together body thrown on for looks and ad revenue. Hell, I could build a sturdier car with an Erector set. The whole aim of NASCAR drivers is to go faster than the other guys in order to win; does anyone else see the inherent peril in that? If you do, then why is it a shock when someone gets killed doing it?

It’s not like they’re doing anything useful for society. Firefighters, doctors, street mimes...their work benefits humankind. But NASCAR drivers? I don’t know about you, but I don’t count on Joe Speedy in his Huggies Diapers Chevy Lumina to disperse an angry mob after a DMX concert.

To be honest though, I don’t even feel sorry when police officers are killed in the line of duty, because they chose to join up with the force. I mean, I’m glad there are people who are brave enough to put themselves in danger to protect pussies like me. But, I’m also not going to be sending a fruit basket to a trooper’s family just because he got shot after pulling over a low-rider that had I KILL COPS written across the back glass. When my brother joined the Marine Corps after high school, my mother constantly told me to pray for him so he wouldn’t get sent to an overseas war zone. What? He joined up voluntarily. Sure, I’d’ve been worried if he’d been sent to Kosovo, but then again, he was the one who thought joining the military was better than taking English Comp I. No one cares when a school janitor accidentally impales himself on a broken mop handle in the middle of fifth period, so why do people who intentionally put themselves at risk get such a level of special sympathy when they get themselves killed?

This is just another example of people wanting to seem sensitive by expressing grief over an event that had no direct effect on their existence. In this case, it’s death caused by sheer macho idiocy. Race car drivers are the kind of people who do it “for the thrill,” like people who jump out of a plane, collide with something in mid-air and after their legs are reattached, start skydiving again. **** them. If you’re such a danger-loving thrill-seeker, walk around in South Central L.A. wearing a sandwich board that reads “Tupac Deserved It” in big red letters. Now there's a remedy for that risk-taking itch you keep needing to scratch.

So think of it like this: if you’re really worried about your favorite driver crashing and dying in a burning heap of metal and Stri-Dex ads, maybe you should drive yourself into a wall and avoid the possibility altogether. But it doesn’t matter, because people really don’t care. Dale Earnhardt’s six feet under, but all the companies still have him pushing products and selling t-shirts. If society did care, the environmentalist crowd would’ve already gotten racing banned; but for now, they’re sticking with the evils of asthma inhalers and lawn mowing, so I hope the paramedics are standing by with the Jaws of Life. Actually, seeing as how we’re talking about NASCAR, maybe the Jaws of Miller High Life.

Great rant Burke....can we sticky this???

Seriously...the main point is ultra-valid. These people put themselves at danger. Also people die in car wrecks everyday on the way to work..or whatever. No one is holding vigils for them except maybe their families.
    spec-
    Rig #1- AMD XP 2400+, A-Bit KR7A/266, Gainward Geforce3 ti200 64mb Golden Sample, 1GB Crucial DDR, 40 gig WD HDD (7200), XP PRO, Vantec Stealth 420 PSU, Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Rig #2- P4 2.4c, Abit IC7 800 FSB /w onboard sound, Radeon 9700 Pro 128, 1 Gig Corsair 3200 XMS, Dual (SATA) 36GB WD Raptor's in RAID 0, XP Pro, Antec Truepower 400
    Rig #3-AMD Barton 2500+, Albatron KX600 (via), 1 gig Corsair 3200, Radeon 9600 Pro 128, Seagate 80 gig HD, Antec Truepower 400

I shure as hell hope the wall's allright!
    Originally posted by Burke
    eBay is like Terra Eleven, a vast wasteland that not even Peter Strauss could tame.
    P IV Processor 2.4 gHZ, ECS p4 motherboard, Windows XP, 512 MB of Ram, Radeon 9500 Pro, 60 GB WD HD, 20 GB IBM HD, Verbatim CDRW,

You may find it offensive, childish and inane.
    I do!! I also agree with MOST of it.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

It IS funny, because of the sheer idiocy of the action of car racing. Looks like I'll be the a-hole on this one. You may find it offensive, childish and inane. Written in 2001.

Ok, so Dale Earnhardt was killed after crashing into a wall at the Daytona 500 earlier this year. Of course, people are still in shock and are still talking about how the sport just isn’t the same with the “Intimidator.” It’s sad, yeah, but guess what, folks? He was DRIVING A CAR AT 180 MILES AN HOUR.

I hate to sound callous, but I don’t feel sorry for the guy. Think about it. His chosen vocation was driving at insane speeds in a car that’s basically an engine with an ERTL snap-together body thrown on for looks and ad revenue. Hell, I could build a sturdier car with an Erector set. The whole aim of NASCAR drivers is to go faster than the other guys in order to win; does anyone else see the inherent peril in that? If you do, then why is it a shock when someone gets killed doing it?

It’s not like they’re doing anything useful for society. Firefighters, doctors, street mimes...their work benefits humankind. But NASCAR drivers? I don’t know about you, but I don’t count on Joe Speedy in his Huggies Diapers Chevy Lumina to disperse an angry mob after a DMX concert.

To be honest though, I don’t even feel sorry when police officers are killed in the line of duty, because they chose to join up with the force. I mean, I’m glad there are people who are brave enough to put themselves in danger to protect pussies like me. But, I’m also not going to be sending a fruit basket to a trooper’s family just because he got shot after pulling over a low-rider that had I KILL COPS written across the back glass. When my brother joined the Marine Corps after high school, my mother constantly told me to pray for him so he wouldn’t get sent to an overseas war zone. What? He joined up voluntarily. Sure, I’d’ve been worried if he’d been sent to Kosovo, but then again, he was the one who thought joining the military was better than taking English Comp I. No one cares when a school janitor accidentally impales himself on a broken mop handle in the middle of fifth period, so why do people who intentionally put themselves at risk get such a level of special sympathy when they get themselves killed?

This is just another example of people wanting to seem sensitive by expressing grief over an event that had no direct effect on their existence. In this case, it’s death caused by sheer macho idiocy. Race car drivers are the kind of people who do it “for the thrill,” like people who jump out of a plane, collide with something in mid-air and after their legs are reattached, start skydiving again. **** them. If you’re such a danger-loving thrill-seeker, walk around in South Central L.A. wearing a sandwich board that reads “Tupac Deserved It” in big red letters. Now there's a remedy for that risk-taking itch you keep needing to scratch.

So think of it like this: if you’re really worried about your favorite driver crashing and dying in a burning heap of metal and Stri-Dex ads, maybe you should drive yourself into a wall and avoid the possibility altogether. But it doesn’t matter, because people really don’t care. Dale Earnhardt’s six feet under, but all the companies still have him pushing products and selling t-shirts. If society did care, the environmentalist crowd would’ve already gotten racing banned; but for now, they’re sticking with the evils of asthma inhalers and lawn mowing, so I hope the paramedics are standing by with the Jaws of Life. Actually, seeing as how we’re talking about NASCAR, maybe the Jaws of Miller High Life.
    I'd hate to see how compassionate the words on your headstone will be...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Hopefully the driver will stick to 4 cyl cars in the future.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I won't go as far as Burke did, but face it, it was a risk the guy took. If he didn't want to run the risk of smashing up his new car, then he shouldn't have been racing it at excessive speeds, even on a closed track.

Perhaps he learned a big ($570,000?) lesson the hard way here.

I try to not find joy in anybody's misfortune. While I may not grieve for a person, I don't think it's "good for them" or "they deserved it" because it's something they wanted to do.

There is inherent risk in lots of things you do everyday, some are more dangerous then others and we do things like wearing seatbealts or helmets to minimize those risk.

When I said "Remember Dale Earnhardt" I wasn't trying to make him a martyr, I meant he was killed in what was thought as a mild accident in the NASCAR world.

Hopefully those who are so callous will never feel pain or grieve the loss of a loved one, or have any major loss in life.

I don't know, Dale and this thread are two different things.

I am still laughing at the guy who totalled a 570 thou car. I find it funny, can't help it

If it's any comfort to any of you, I don't find comfort in the humor.

btw - Burkes rant was funny too lol
    Is he ok now

not funny perhaps, but very ironic. I'm sure if I won 10 million in a lotto that i would prolly buy a fast car as well. HOWEVER, I would't take it directly to a race track and put my foot to the floor without taking racing lessons first.

There's a reason why race-car drivers win large purses for winning races, ITS A HIGH-RISK SPORT, they're professonally trained.
    Dale Earnhardt knew that, as did his family. He understood the fact that it was quite possible that he might get in the drivers seat of that car one day and not get out alive. Just as The astronauts understand the risks of there actions, just as our very own 'resident skydiver' understands the risks of his favorite activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

I'm sure if he can afford a 570K car, he can afford another. Shouldn't be too big a deal to pay off the insurance costs and get another.

Damn... that sure is a shame that he had to total that car like that. Too bad he didn't get some practice in it before tearing around a track like that.

Oh well. I am sure that he learned a valuable lesson from that.

As far as dying doing something you love.. that is something that I have to face everytime I jump out of an airplane that is 14,000' above the ground. I have accepted the fact that if it happens, no one is to blame but myself. I guess you have to weigh the pros and cons of whatever you do.

I certainly hope that guy was OK !